15

"And the last rose is for, Cameron."

It was a week later, and there were only three of us left - Cameron, myself, and Blair.

Don't do it, Mae.

"WHAT?" I exploded, forgetting the cameras.

"Mae." He said, trying to calm me down with his eyes.

"She's the worst person here!" I cried throwing my hands up.

Enough was enough.

"Mae." Blair reached out to touch my shoulder and I looked at her calm eyes with my angry tear filled ones.

"If you send Blair home, I'm going with her. Enjoy the red carpets." I spat at Cameron before grabbing her hand and walking out of the rose ceremony.

"Mae! You love him!" Blair cried, stopping in her tracks.

"And you love Liam. And you if you go home you might never see him again. And your dad..." I said.

"But you're my best friend. And more than anything in the world I want you to be happy. I will be able to move out soon. What about your adventure?" She asked, squeezing my hands.

"My adventure was meeting you and becoming your best friend. It was never about the guy for me, remember." I said honestly, tears in my eyes.

"I love you Mae." She said, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Love you too B." I said into her hair.

"Ehem?" Niall was standing a few feet away from us and I pulled away.

"What?" I said, not going toward him.

"Mae, please come talk to me." He said.

Don't you cave, Margaret Ann Reynolds.

"Fine."

Do you even listen anymore?!

"How could you?!" I erupted, "Cameron is an awful person. She has done nothing but play sneaky and has been rude to every single person here. I don't even know what you see in her."

"Listen to me, baby. I had to let Blair go." He said, I willed myself not to melt when he called me 'baby'.

"But her dad." I said, looking over his shoulder.

I really didn't feel like explaining this to Niall.

He used a finger to redirect my eye contact.

"She's staying in LA." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"I know. She told me. Once Chris found out we went to work and involved Simon. She won't be going home." He said, as tears flew down my face.

"I thought you would be happy?" He said, brushing a tear away.

"I am." I laughed wrapping him up in a hug.

"I had to give it to Cameron tonight. How bad would it look if two best friends were against eachother?" He said with a laugh.

"Not so bad when I know she likes your best friend and you like me and I would know I was getting that final rose." I mumbled.

"Mae. Don't worry." He promised, kissing me.

This whole adventure on a dating show was getting emotionally out of hand.

We had to film me walking back into the room and accepting his rose, but as soon as the cameras stopped I ran up to my room where Blair was packing.

"I don't want you to go." I said for the fifth time since the rose ceremony ended.

"I don't want to." She sighed, folding a shirt at a snails pace.

"But I hope you kick her ass." She said, looking at me.

"I plan on it." I laughed and she moved onto jeans and shorts.

When she finished, I walked downstairs with her.

The cameras wanted to film us saying goodbye. How sensitive of them.

"Well... this is it." She said, stopping at the door.

"This is it." I repeated.

I hated this. There she was, in jeans and a shirt with packed suitcases while I was in pajamas.

With my whole entire heart I wanted her to change into her pajamas and come up to watch a romantic comedy with me.

"I don't want to say goodbye." I laughed, leaning on the doorframe.

She shook her head, tears threatening to spill over.

"See you soon." She promised, letting go of the suitcase handles to wrap me up in a hug.

"Love you so much." She said, and tears began to fall from my eyes.

"Love you so much more." I said and she laughed.

I truly don't think she understood how much I meant that. Before this, I didn't have a best friend. In five short weeks I had made the best friend I could possibly ask for.

She got into the limo and it began to drive away, and the cameras stopped filming.

Then the limo circled around and stopped in front of the house.

Niall and Chris walked up behind me and Blair got out.

"Do I have to say goobye to you two too? Cause I'm kind of sick of goodbyes." She laughed.

"Not exactly." Niall said and she frowned.

"I told Chris." He said, and the color drained from her face.

"No its okay." I promised and she frowned, clearly confused.

"What?" She looked from face to face.

"I spoke to Simon and Chris about what you told me on our date." Niall explained.

"We found you an apartment, just outside of LA. The first year's rent is covered, and then you are on your own. Its a two bedroom, so maybe you should think about getting a roommate." Chris said, and Blair's eyes flew open.

"What?" She said again.

"You aren't going home." I said.

She covered her mouth and tears flew down her cheeks at rapid fire.

"On one condition." Chris said and she nodded.

"Anything." She said.

"We are going to the police." He said and she nodded quickly.

"Of course. Thank you so much." She said, running up to hug Chris and Niall.

That night, I couldn't sleep. My room was too quiet, and the house was even quieter than my room.

I walked down to the kitchen, half hoping I would run into Niall like I did in the beginning of the competition.

I knew he wouldn't be down there, but I couldn't help but hope.

I got a water bottle and walked back up to my room. I pulled my book out and began reading, and fell asleep with it open on my lap.