chapter four - "Please, I just think it's time I played Cupid."

Start from the beginning

"Hey Carter, right?" Clem called changing the topic as quick as possible.

The guy glanced over his shoulder, he was fixing the oning on the funnel cake stand they where standing at. "That'll be me,"

"Great, Bonnie here need your help with something." She said glancing over at her kiddy friend. "Right, B?"

"Wow. What you need, beautiful?" He asked making her laugh, "Um, what do yoy know about karaoke speakers?" She asked pulling herself together. "Heh. Why don't you show me the problem."

"Yeah, Bonnie. Show him the problem." The hunter egged on as she caved and the two were off.

Elena looked over towards the Lightwood with norrow eyes, "What?"

"Don't think I know what you were just doing." She shrugged acting like she didn't know what she was talking about. "Changing the subject off yourself."

"Please, I just think it's time I played Cupid."

🍊

"Oh, you're pretty funny cracking jokes when I could - I don't know - blow the whole lid off this thing by telling someone what you really are." She heard Jermey say over her music. Slipping her hand into her pocket and turning it down as she heard footsteps coming her way.

That's when she saw two people walk her way with their backs turned. And then she heard his voice, "So please tell me that, that is not a threat."

"Maybe it is." He said as she saw his shoulder move presuming it was the mystery un-dead ring. She saw him turn and he smirked, that dumb stupid smirk made her stomach turn. That was until she saw him put Jermey in a head lock. "This is what we're not gonna do. We're not gonna walk around like we're invincible when it's this easy for me to end you."

"You won't kill him." She announced.

Damon's face fell hearing her voice, his body unconsciously relaxed at the missing sound. He quickly snapped back to reality, harshly shoving Jeremy away from him. "I won't?" He challenged in a cocky tone.

She nodded slightly shoving her earbuds into her pockets while swiftly pushing off the wall. "Mhmm, you would have already done it."

He shook his head with a light scoff, seeing Jermey was already back to his feet. "If you wanna tell people what I really am, go ahead and try. I will shove this ring so far up your ass, you'll really have something to choke on." He threatened throwing the ring at Jeremy as Clem grabbed his wrist not knowing if he was gunna do something.

"Jeremy get out of here I need to talk to Spike."

"But -"

"Get the hell out of here," She demanded not taking her eyes off the Salvatore eyeing her up and down. Watching out of the corner of her eyes he walked past the two.

"You see, Stefan told me he thinks you saw the ring, both of them." She declared breaking the silent staring contest.

She watched his eyebrow raise, "Of course he does,"

"I don't think you cared, nor did you even bother to look," She said in a hush tone while slowly reaching for the knife in her back waist band. He nodded humming slightly waiting for her to continue. "But I don't think you're smart enough to pay attention to which ring was which. No, what I know is that you were drunk and pissed off that your un-dead manipulative girlfriend broke your heart and you need to take it out on the first person you saw." She pulled the knife out.