Well until Valentina and her posse made its way towards us. She hadn't said anything to me in a month which was surprising. I don't think her and Ethan have even hooked up lately. I mean Ethan and I usually hangout and when we are home alone, he doesn't really call her over, plus he never even goes to parties nowadays. I tell him he should go, but he always says we would rather sit home and watch movies with me and Adrian. So I don't force it from there. "Hey babe. How are you?" She says as she starts to sit in Ethan's lap. Ethan immediately pushes her off before she can touch him. "What the hell Valentina!" He screams. "What? You never complain when I do that other times. Come on it's been like a month or something since we hooked up or something. It's like this Amelia bitch has brainwashed you!" She said. "First off, I chose whether or not I want to hook-up with you or talk to you. So you better not drag Amelia into this. Second off, apologize to Amelia." He said. "Why the hell should I?" She yelled. "Because.I.Said.So." He said through gritted teeth. It was clear that he was getting pissed off, and a pissed off Ethan is a scary Ethan. "Ethan, it's fine. She is just saying stupid stuff. I honestly couldn't care less. Now calm down." I say getting up and placing my hand on his shoulder. I felt him ease up under my touch and he backed away with one last glare at her.

He takes my hand and pulls me out the cafeteria but because of the speed we are going in I bump into someone. I look up to see who it is and see Lucas looking down at me. I feel Ethan tense up again. God this is not gonna go good. I haven't talked to Lucas since the day he dropped me off home. Neither have Ethan and Lucas fought since then. I gulp as I see Lucas and Ethan glare at each other. I wonder what got them to hate each other, I never asked Ethan, maybe I should. "Ethan." Lucas says with a cold glare. "Lucas." Ethan says with the same expression. Who would ever believe that they were once best friends. Before anything can happen between the two of them, I step in. "Hey y'all! How are ya doing? Good? Well great! Now see you later, me and Ethan have somewhere to be." I squeaked as I pulled Ethan and dragged him with me. God, this guy weighed twice as much as me.

While we are walking to my locker, hand in hand, I ask Ethan about the question that has been bugging me since the cafeteria. "What broke your and Lucas's friendship?" I ask. I feel Ethan tense up from beside me and I add, "I mean you can tell me, if you want to. Well if you trust me." "I lied to him." He says.

I turn around and gesture for him to go on. "In middle school, I knew his dad was cheating on his mom and I didn't tell him. Instead I kept him from him. He had all the rights to know but I didn't tell him, cause he looked up to his dad so goddamn much. I couldn't see him get all broken because of that cheating bastard. In the start of freshman year, Lucas figured out about his dad, he also figured out how I knew about it. I tried telling him I didn't tell him for his own good, but then he punched me, and I let him. I don't hate him, I don't really. I just keep the act up. I know he has every single right to hate me, so I let him hit me and I hit him back to keep him in line, so he doesn't lose it and go all Hulk on me." Ethan says. I look at how sad his face looks and I can't help but hug him. I wrap my arms around his torso, and it takes a few minutes for him to wrap his arms around me but when he does he squeezes me so I tight, but I let him. "You're a good friend, you know." I whisper. "I know." He says back.

So cocky, this guy is. I just laugh a little and we stay in that position for a while. Somehow I feel safe in his arms, like I am protected from the entire world. So I snuggle closer into him and take in his intoxing smell.

(Ethan's Point of View)

I hug Amelia tight. Somehow she fits perfectly into my arms. Over the past few weeks, I have been feeling different about her and I felt weird around her. Like I would also have this weird feeling in my stomach like a bunch of butterflies have escaped or something. And whenever I see her, I tend to notice every single detail about her, from her smile, to the way she laughs and that goddamn dimple that comes onto her cheek when she sees me. We finally break apart from each other and Amelia stands on her tiptoes, her hands on my shoulder and she puts her head up and kisses me on the jaw, cause she can't really reach my cheek. The moment she does that, I feel a whole zoo being released into my stomach and my heart beating a thousand miles per second. God, what is this girl doing to me? Before I can say anything the bell rings, unfortunately we don't have the same class right now so Amelia gives me a small wave and walks away. And I just stand there like a red-faced idiot.