And Rosie found herself singing in front EJ, Nina, and a dozen other people, including the new drama teacher. When she walked in, EJ looked at her confused. Rachel was trailing behind, clearly upset that Rosie decided to follow Ricky's stupid plan.

When Rosie told Ricky she was auditioning, he seemed thankful, he wouldn't be alone. However, he wasn't here and Rosie was convinced he was bailing. Rosie had Rachel though.

As she sang, she refused to look at EJ, she wanted to but she look away and focused on Carlos and Miss Jenn. She finished and everyone clapped, even Nina clapped but EJ only gave a small and short clap.

"You play piano as well?" Miss Jenn remembered from her sheet. She nodded. "Any other instruments?"

"I can play drums, sort of," Rosie admitted. Rosie hoped she didn't have to play the piano or drums right now, she was tired from the warm up choreography that she had to go through. Although, she did look good.

Not as good as sophomore Gina, the transfer student was amazing. Rosie wouldn't be surprised if she got Gabriella, Rosie was thankful she wasn't going for that role. Just Kelsi. Gina was somewhat nice to Rosie, she wasn't rude but Gina could tell Rosie wasn't used to theatre.

She sat down, Rachel patting her on the back and even Nina congratulated her. She liked Nina but she really wasn't happy, she hated seeing Nina with EJ. He looked so good in the basketball uniform, he was literally so amazing. Rachel pinched the girls arm, snapping her eyes away from EJ.

"Thank you," Rosie whispered.

//

EJ STARED AT the girl as she sang, he felt bad because he did have feelings for Nini, but he couldn't look away. He loved when she sang. To say he was surprised when he saw her walk in, talking to Miss Jenn, was an understatement.

He had spent months trying to convince her and she always turned the idea down or ended the conversation with I'll think about it but she never did. Maybe she had. Nini seemed uncomfortable with Rosie showing up but she also knew she couldn't be the crazy new girlfriend.

Rosie had never done a musical before, she wouldn't get a part. That was Nini's thinking. That was what she was hoping until she heard the girl sing. She was just glad she wasn't going for Gabriella.

EJ felt Nini grab her hand and give him a squeeze, she smiled at him and he returned it briefly before looking back at Rosie. She finished, and he clapped for a short amount but looked away.

"She's so good," Nini laughed.

"Yeah."

"The spring musical auditions are a week away," EJ smiled, Rosie shook her head, grabbing her books form her locker. "Baby, think about it!"

"I did EJ, it's not my thing," Rosie looked at him, his smile fell. "I did think about it, you have reminded me every single day for the past two weeks. I will support you, I'll even go to the auditions to watch but I am not doing a musical, ever!"

"I think you would enjoy it," EJ tried to convince her. "Like, you are beautiful and you can sing. You'd do amazing, I even think one day you'd be a perfect lead, maybe if you do this musical, next year you and I would be the leads together."

Rosie shut her locker and let out frustrated sigh. "EJ please just stop asking. I said no." And she walked off.

"Let's see our Troys!" Miss Jenn smiled, two other guys went but then it was EJ. "What do I need to know?" She asked Carlos.

"Most Instagram followers, woke up like that. Doesn't know I exist," he frowned. "Also, is currently dating Nini, girl going for Gabriella, and was previously dating Rosie, the one you picked for Kelsi."

"Oh," Miss Jenn hummed. "Okay," she looked at EJ. "Let's hope he can carry a tune."

EJ began to sing, he felt Nini's eyes from the side as she supported him. However, as he sang he felt himself staring at Rosie. She wasn't even looking at him, she couldn't even look at him. How would they do a play together, Kelsi and Troy had some parts together.

He finished, and everyone in the room knew he'd be Troy.

"Let's do our Gabriellas!"

Rosie was thankful she didn't attempt to go for Gabriella, watching Gina sing was like god sent an angel. Okay, those were Rachel's words but even Rosie agreed. Gina had a lot of confidence, going into the audition and all the way through.

Gina finished, and killed it. Rosie faked looking around as Nina and EJ spoke on the side of the stage. She could see Nina freeze as EJ smiled down at her. She wondered what he said.

Nina went to go on stage, Miss Jenn gave her the cue and on cams running Ricky. "Am I too late?"

"We already finished the Troy's, we're low on Chads!" Miss Jenn smiled.

"I only studied the Troy scenes," Rosie shook her head. She knew he didn't have enough time to watch the whole movie but still.

"Troy would have arrived on time," Carlos explained.

Rosie and Rachel shared a look, both of them classified Troy as I'll come when I want you kind of guy. He would be late constantly.

"Nini, let's try this!" Miss Jenn turned her attention back to the girl. Nina, Rosie, and EJ were all in shock.

"You got this babe!" EJ cheered loudly, Rosie heard loud sparks from next to her and jumped up. Rachel following her.

Miss Jenn had spilled her coffee on the sound system. The lights went out. Rosie moved to next to Ricky who stood from the side. "You're late," she whispered.

"Nini, let's wait for the lights to come back on, I don't want this to throw you."

"The DVD got stuck in the computer, I don't think you're getting it back," Ricky nervously admitted. "I told him it was yours and if he got it out."

"Ricky shut up or I will throw you off this stage," Rosie shook her head.

"I'm not throw," Nina stated. She began to sing, and Rosie watched as Ricky shined his flashlight so that everyone could see her singing. EJ realized what was happening and followed suit.

Rosie was in awe with Nina's voice. She hated it.

UNEDITED

Rosie wants to hate Nini but she can't bring herself to hate her.

Also Rosie only knows nini as Nina so when story follows her it'll be Nina until they get closer.

Anyways, hope you guys are enjoying