A monster

Once upon a time in a small village, found at the foot of a mountain , a certain girl was hopping happily.
The villagers looked at her in scorn.
They were disgusted at her bright personality and thought that she was acting innocent.

"Would you look at her. An orphan and yet she acts like there's nothing wrong in this world. "

"I bet she's lost her marbles."

"I heard she's possessed."

Those were the things the villagers would often gossip about. Gossips that were mainly focused on her.

She was only seven and had little to no understanding of how the world works.

Eventhough that's the case , she still understands emotions.

One of pain.

Her everyday life is not what it seems.

Yet she hides it all with a smile.

"Wheein! Get back here you brat!" Her caretaker called.
"You're not done with your chores !

The old hag dragged her to the old kitchen and made her finish all the chores.

"You better be done by sun down or no dinner for you." The woman growled and left.

Wheein sighed sadly and did what she was told. She had a feeling her "sibling" snitched on her.

"Is this what my life will be like forever ?"she asked no one in particular.

___
12 years later.

Over the years wheein bloomed into a fair maiden. All the men in the village wanted her as their wife.
The women hate on her out of jealousy.
And her caretaker wanted nothing but to sell her to the most richest man in the village, so she'll be rid of her but also get some riches of her own.

One night at full moon. The villagers were awoken by a loud horrifying noise coming from the top of the mountains.
Out of curiosity and fear they looked outside only to be surprised by the sight in front of them.

A monster appeared.

He or it stood still while looking down at the village.

The moonlight behind the monster made it look even more terrifying.

"Give me what I want." The monster said in a low voice.
"Or everyone dies."

And in the blink of an eye it disappeared.

That shocking night made the men in the village stay alert every night. 

"Keep the women  and children safe!"

"All men get your strongest weapons!"

The head of the village along with other villagers talked about what the monster could possibly want.

At their first attempt they left gold.

As the monster appeared it seemed unsatisfied.
His anger rose when one of the men shot an arrow in his direction.
And with just a grab with his hand he squished the human like a mosquito. 

"You've got a last chance or this village becomes a bloodbath ."

Again it disappeared while leaving the villagers traumatized.

On their next meeting, a man who claims himself a hero , told them he will save everyone including the village. And once he's done he will marry the one and only "wheein. The fairest of them all" as he put it.

Wheein felt nothing but uncomfortable and silently wished he'd fail.

When the day arrived he indeed failed.