The Circle

Arabella loved to fly

Arabella loved to fly. But no flight had ever been as delightful as this one, after having left Simon at the docks. Simon Lewis, she mouthed, only for the sake of enjoying toying with his name on her lips. Yes, definitely I'm in love. Well, there's always a first.

Even the werewolf girl's reaction at the sight of them hadn't managed to ruin her mood. Arabella had never been in a relationship, but she had spent her whole life observing people's behavior attentively enough to realize Maia was jealous. Okay, I won't worry about that. We don't even have anything going on between us. Yet. So what if other girls are interested in him? It was only expected. I won't put the cart before the horse. One thing at a time.

She overflew Central Park and dived into The Pond without even slowing down, with her eyes shut, sensing the shift in the atmosphere while she crossed the portal separating the two dimensions, breathing the pollen-filled air of the Fairy Realm.

She headed straight to her chambers, at the castle, knowing she would be too electric to sleep right away. The Seelie girl had been finishing changing into her light pink silk crepe nightgown when her sister stormed in, laughing out loud after something someone on the outside had said. "Good night, Amber. Good night, Kaelie, see you tomorrow", she waved her closest friends goodbye and shut the door after her.

Aurora looked at the redhead Seelie with one eyebrow raised. "Well, someone's looking happy". She sat on the edge of her bed and smirked. "Did you sleep with him?"

Arabella choked. "Wait, what? No!" - Was all she managed to answer while her sister laughed at her expense. "No... We... We kissed."

"Oh, that's sweet. So much more like you... But it's the least you could've expected, sis. We, Fey, are master seducers, don't you forget about that". - Aurora laid on her side, supporting her weight on one elbow. "But... tell me... Is he cute?"

"In my opinion, yes". - Arabella answered, blushing.

"Go on. I want a description." – The other girl demanded impatiently.

She took a deep breath before answering, avoiding her sister's eyes. "He's got very dark hair and eyes. And light skin. He's one of those boys that you know are nice even before you get to know them".

"What is he? Not a Seelie, I suppose... Please, don't tell me he's a mundane". - the blond girl looked accusingly at Arabella.

"No, he's a vampire".

"Oh, bold choice!" – Aurora winked. - "I always say that it's a shame our two kinds don't usually get along so well... Vampires are the best lovers in bed".

"I'm gonna pretend I went temporarily deaf and didn't hear a word you said".

"Come on! It's about time you got some sexual liberation in your life! You're just so uptight..."