A Replicant

Simon decided to walk to the Jade Wolf, letting the faint dizziness of the alcohol that was still in his system fade away.

He felt lightheaded, but he knew it wasn't only the alcohol's fault.

That had been possibly one of the strangest evenings ever, after Jace's terrible dating advice, that had ruined a probably very pleasant date with Maia. He had let himself believe in all those stupid things the Shadowhunter had told him, and after being a total jerk to the werewolf girl, Simon couldn't exactly be surprised when she stormed out of the bar in fury. He had thought about following her right away but decided that a few moments to clear his head (or numb it, like he'd done) was all he needed.

But the strangest thing had been that Seelie girl. She was so... Cute. Simon grinned while walking with his hands in his pockets. Okay, he thought, maybe she did Encanto me. Which is odd because, being a vampire, I should be the one "Encantoing" people around. But he wasn't good at it, yet. In fact, he hadn't spent much time trying because he felt it wasn't right, that it wasn't fair to hypnotize people into doing what he wanted them to do.

He had never told anyone this, but the truth is that he felt violated for what Camille, the former leader of the New York clan, had done to him. Used her Encanto to seduce him and get him to tell her things about Clary while being played with by her like a sex toy. He had been even made to bite Camille and drink her blood, that was what got him into all of this mess in the first place and ended up with him being killed and then Turned.

He wasn't sure that's what that Fairy had done to him at the bar, but it sure felt different than what Camille did. It hadn't carried this weighing guilt and shame, it had only been inebriating. In the best way possible.

He remembered the way he had sleepwalked toward her and accepted her offer for a sit without thinking twice. But the Seelie, Arabella, he recalled, had seemed so nice. And, at the end of the day, despite the nasty things Jace had told him, he did get the girl's number, just by being himself. Maybe he wasn't that bad of a flirter after all.

He took one hand out of his jacket's pocket and eyed the ornate piece of parchment in his palm. He wasn't sure if he was going to call her, even though if he really wanted to, because first, he had to amend things with Maia.

A glow of neon called his attention on his left. It was a geeky store. Still open. Maybe there was a way of making it easier.

----------------------------------------------------------------

 	Maia was reading a book with the name "Jane Eyre" on the cover, sitting at her usual table at the Jade Wolf, the Chinese restaurant, Headquarters of Luke's pack of werewolves

Maia was reading a book with the name "Jane Eyre" on the cover, sitting at her usual table at the Jade Wolf, the Chinese restaurant, Headquarters of Luke's pack of werewolves. The place was always full of them, and they didn't like vampires. Not at all. But Simon didn't care, Maia liked him, and it was all that mattered. Well, at least she used to like...