Khushi walked towards her sister and whispered a sorry. She settled down beside her sister and indicated to the DJ to announce that the engagement had begun. Payal didi first adorned Akash jiju's finger with a ring. Khushi clapped loudly.

Akash patted his coat for the ring, but he looked confused.

"What happened jiju?"

Akash shook his head and then looked around.

"Jiju, please tell me you didn't lose the ring."

Akash bit his lip and then looked around again.

Suddenly, a voice echoed from down the hall.

"I have it, wait."

Khushi gasped.

That idiot?

A man in a black coat came running towards them and handed Akash a ring box.

"My bad Akash!"

Khushi stammered, "You?"

The man turned towards her and stared at her in surprise.

Akash chuckled, "Khushi ji this is my cousin Arnav. You guys know each other?"

Khushi squinted her eyes, "obviously not."

"Chalo Akash beta, put the ring on Payal's hand," said Akash's mom.

Akash put the ring on Payal's hand and confetti exploded. Everyone clapped around the hall, but Khushi's eyes were on the idiot standing next to Akash.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The engagement was over with and the other festivities had taken over. It was haldi night and Khushi had promised to not only help in her house but also at Akash's house. She was a party planner by the job, so this was her area of expertise.

Even if they didn't ask for her help, Khushi would have refused to let any of the families go to any other party planner in town.

Khushi had just finished up decorating her house, so she headed towards Akash's house now. She walked inside to see Akash's mom trying to instruct everyone what to do, but it wasn't working outright. Khushi instantly took over.

She started with the lights, then with the flowers, and then with the curtains. Within 3 hours everything was done.

"Khushi beta can you also put up the lights near our pool, thank you so much for your help! What would I have done without you?"

Khushi smiled at Akash's mom, "of course aunty ji, it was my pleasure. I'll go do it right now!"

Khushi headed upstairs towards the pool with a rope of tangled lights. She dropped the lights on the floor and then started untangling them, but to no avail because now she was tangled with the lights.

"What the...?"

A startled Khushi almost fell forward, until she felt two hands gripping her arms to balance her. She looked up to see those hazel eyes again.

"What are you doing here?" Khushi questioned him.

She fiddled with the lights around her and then grunted in anger when she realized she would need help.

"This is my house too. The real question is what are you doing here?"

Khushi gave him a sarcastic smile, "first of all this is sisters house now too and my jiju's house. Also, I'm helping out with the decorations."