[𝟭𝟬𝟱] 🧸 Cᴀʀɴɪᴠᴀʟ - ℝ𝔼ℚ𝕌𝔼𝕊𝕋

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name
B/N - best friend's name
C/B/N - crush's best friend's name

Song: "Jenny" - Studio Killers

requested by @corbynbessonandme

——————————

"Right, my dear B/N," C/B/N began, settling opposite his girlfriend on the library carpet, "Can we agree we are both fed up with the awkward flirting between our best friends?"

B/N nodded.

"Excellent, because I have a plan!"

***

"The carnival this weekend?" Y/N tilted her head curiously.

Her best friend, B/N, nodded, "C/B/N and C/N are going, so I figured we should as well." It was a bit of a lie, as in fact the dynamic was that B/N and C/B/N were going together, and they were dragging along their best friends. A forced double date, you might say. And you'd be right.

Y/N shrugged, "Okay, I have nothing better to do."

C/N had a similar reaction when C/B/N asked him.

***

"Wow! This is so much more professional than most carnivals!" B/N commented as they stepped on to the field together, her hand locked with C/B/N's. Colourful rides and addicting scents of cotton candy filled the entire area. C/N was walking beside Y/N, as the couple had drifted ahead. She couldn't bring herself to look at him without becoming flustered.

"That ride looks cool," he said, pointing at a typical haunted house ride. Her face paled at the very thought of going on it.

"Nuh uh. No," she said firmly, looking around to get B/N's backup. Except, she wasn't there; she had disappeared. It didn't take long for Y/N to figure out the 'plan' the cheeky couple had created. It was pretty obvious.

C/N grinned, "No one to help you resist the haunted house!" He made Y/N's cheeks warm when he grabbed her hand and pulled her over to the ride. It didn't help when he was ever the gentleman and insisted on paying. The cart they got into was small, and had a painting of a clown at the front. Clowns didn't necessarily bother Y/N in themselves, but when they jumped out at her she did tend to get at least a little scared.

The wheels began rolling as the doors before them parted to reveal a gloomy darkness that they were shortly plunged into. Y/N found herself subconsciously clinging on to C/N's arm. She didn't like the dark.

She couldn't see it, but he grinned down at her.

Jump scares, high-pitched screeches, and animated dolls proceeded to scare the living shit out of Y/N, her grip on C/N's arm getting tighter. It wasn't until they entered the mirror illusion part did she see herself in the reflection and realise that she was holding C/N as if her life depended on it. They turned back into darkness just as she blushed profusely, meaning C/N didn't get the chance to see it. Thankfully, the ride was then over.

Y/N bashfully climbed out of the cart first, embarrassed she had been so terrified inside of the haunted house. Behind her followed C/N, who was smiling more than he ever had before, sparing a quick glance towards the red imprints on his arm.

"Right. Now we do something I wanna do."

"Okay, what?"

"That," she pointed at a ride that spun you upside down, in circles, and sideways.

C/N scoffed, "You're afraid of the dark but not that?"

Despite his mockery, he agreed to go on, and visibly had fun. Y/N also had fun on the ride, unlike the haunted house from before.

"It's my turn to pick again," he said as they stepped off the ride, "And I want to go on the ferris wheel."

"Ooh! Yeah!" she beamed.

"Let's go while the line is still short!" he grabbed Y/N's hand, making her blush again, but once more he didn't see, since he was facing ahead as he pulled her over to the ride.

He didn't let go when they reached the line, and Y/N certainly didn't want to either, so they remained in each other's grip until it was their turn to get into a carriage. "This is bigger than normal carnival ferris wheels," Y/N commented, peering over the edge as they began the climb.

"Yeah..." he murmured, but she could tell he wasn't really paying attention, so looked at him to see what he was doing. Only, she discovered that he was gazing at her.

"What?"

"Nothing," he said, looking away.

"It's clearly something! Tell me!"

"You really wanna know?"

Y/N nodded.

"...I like you, Y/N."

"Wh- what?"

"I like you."

She stared at him with widened eyes, trying to process the sudden information. She could tell he was beginning to get worried, though, so quickly said, "I like you too."

C/N smiled a little, before his eyes flicked down to her rosy lips. It felt like a flash of a moment when his own soft lips met hers, just as a quick snap from the camera they had failed to notice at the corner of the carriage sounded. She couldn't help but blush at the fact their first kiss had been caught on camera, so C/N naturally purchased the photo and handed it to Y/N after they got off. It was a sweet photo, and for once Y/N thought she actually looked photogenic.

"Y/N! C/N!" a familiar voice called, followed by the skidding of a certain B/N slowing down in front of them. She glanced down at their interlocked hands and smirked. "I see you two have been busy."

"B/N! Don't run off like that," C/B/N said, catching up to his girlfriend.

"Look! Our plan worked!"

"Your what?" C/N snapped, while Y/N just sighed in an 'I knew it'.

———————

low-key addicted to the song at the top rn. it do be kinda a vibe tho

🎵jenny darling you're my best friend🎵

[1017 words]