Chapter Eleven

Começar do início

                "So?" I questioned, sitting up properly, little effort this time. Autumn didn't say anything, pushing my legs gently off her lap before leaving the room. "Hey!" I yelled grabbing my crutches and following after her, ignoring my mother's call to be more 'careful with my pace'. Autumn was obviously a lot quicker than me though, running into her bedroom and locking the door behind her. "What the fuck Autumn?" I was bewildered by her strange action, banging on the door.

                "Just leave it alone." I heard her say simply as if she was leaning on the door. I felt my face contort in annoyance, leaning on my good leg for balance. "Go lay down, Audrey." She ordered in a sighful voice.

                "Well, what's the matter? Come on! You use to come to me with your problems before... why won't you now? And what was Joel talking about?" I rushed out, leaning against her door. I could hear her sighing through it.

                "I still come to you for stuff and he was talking about nothing." I frowned at her short and sweet answer. I could just picture her face; one of sorrow and frustration.

                "You do not come to me with your problems! Ever since that damn accident and my coma fuck up, all anyone ever does around here is pity me!" I yelled through her door. I heard a sigh though and the door unlocked. I frowned when she opened it, tears streamed down her tanned face.

                 "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you upset with me..." She frowned before looking up at me with eyes that confused me. After an intense staring contest, she stepped to the side, allowing me to take a seat on her bed.

                "You didn't. Now, can you please tell me what's wrong?" I questioned eyeing her posture. She furrowed her brows, crossing her arms, leaning up against her dresser,"Come on, it can't seriously be that bad, can it?"

                "Well... I guess how you look at it determines how bad it is." She laughed as she scratched the back of her neck. I eyed her suspiciously for a moment before I stood up. She looked over at me with a frown.

                "I have a feeling you're not going to tell me, are you?" I asked. She chewed on the inside of her lip as she shook her head no. "Hm. I'll see you in the morning." My voice empties as I walked out, shutting the door behind me. I ground my teeth, gripping my crutches tightly. I hated myself, I wasn't the usual person everyone knew me as. I frowned as I crutched into my room, shutting and locking the door behind me.

---

                I rubbed the sleep from my tired eyes before chancing a glance at the clock; 7:30 am. 'You have to be kidding me...' I sighed, throwing my blankets off, knowing it was pointless to even bother trying to go back to sleep now. As I crept outside of my room, my destination obviously being the bathroom, I noticed Autumn's light was on. I thought nothing of it though as I went into the bathroom to wash up. However, when I was about to turn on the faucet, I could hear what I assumed was Rylee's voice talking.

                 'What's she doing here so early on a holiday?'

                "Don't you think she has the right to know?" I could barely hear as the water was running. I splashed some cold water on my face, training my ears to listen in now. "You can't protect her forever, Autumn. She's old enough to handle herself." I heard Autumn groan in frustration.