18 || mount weather

Start from the beginning

There was some kind of hall table with tubs, filled with all different types of medical and cleaning equipment. I acted fast and grabbed a scalpel from the table and threw it at one of the masked people. The scalpel lodged itself in the person's heart, causing them to fall to the ground in agony. The other two people had witnessed the whole scene and one of them had their gun aimed at me and seemed to be loading it.

I grabbed another scalpel from the table and threw it at the person holding the gun. The blade spun a few times in the air before it landed straight in the person's throat. They didn't die instantly but they fell to the floor, gasping for air and unable to get up. Crimson liquid seeped through both of their hazmat suits but for whatever reason, the sight of them didn't make me feel guilty. Must've been the adrenaline.

There was only one person left and luckily for me, they were unarmed. Or so I thought...

I turned around and saw the last person holding one of the guns. They immediately shot it at me and it hit me in the arm. To my surprise, it wasn't a bullet. It barely even hurt. I looked down at my arm and saw a red tranquilizer dart stuck into it.

Then before I could do anything else, everything went black.

My eyelids fluttered open to the sight of a different room than I was in last time. My brain was fuzzy. I was laying in some kind of bed again, facing the ceiling, which was curved and filled with different pipes and poles. I tried getting up but was held back. My wrists and ankles were strapped to the bed with some kind of white leather belts. I tugged on them harder, hoping to escape but couldn't.

I searched my surroundings and found that I was in a large room with many beds. I could hear pumps and pipes running above me. 

Suddenly, the large double doors at the end of the room swung open, revealing three people; an old man in an old, fraying suit, a woman with russet-brown skin in a white lab coat and another girl who looked a lot younger, probably around eighteen.

"Ah. Miss Roberts. I see you're awake," The elderly man approached with a warm smile. "Restraints aren't necessary," He said and the two guards who had been standing at the door, came over and released my restraints. I sat upright.

I shook my wrists since they had become sore from the tightness of the restraints. I wasn't sure whether I should keep my mouth shut or interrogate them with questions but for the time being, I went with the former.

"Miss Roberts, you and I have quite a lot to talk about," The man stated, holding his hands in front of him. I bit my tongue and kept my gaze down. "But first, Maya — the one who tranquilized you, has something to say." He gestured to the younger girl next to him.

I discreetly studied her features. She had long, wavy black hair and hazely-brown eyes. Her clothes were tattered and fraying, much like everyone else in the room except me. She was pretty. 

"I'm sorry for shooting you," She said maturely, obviously lying. "To be fair, you killed my friends but that's not what I'm here to discuss. Anyways, I'm sorry," She admitted to end her rambling. I still held my tongue.

"Not much of a talker, huh?" The other woman smirked.

"A skill picked up from the savages, no doubt. Thank you, Maya," He smiled at the teenage girl and she exited the room. The doctor quickly excused herself and said something about a containment breach. The savages? Does he mean the Grounders?

"President Dante Wallace," The man introduced himself and offered his hand for me to shake. I didn't accept it and instead just bit my tongue with a hard glare on my face. "I know you speak English, Tahlia. Your friend told me. You can talk to us."