"ONLY ONE?!" You swing to the side of him and slap his back. "Well I'll be! Thats better than I thought you'd do!"

"OOF." He grunts. "HEY." He yells as he looks up at you.

You're smile is shining down at him, "Only one test to re-do!"

All of the sudden, Hinata comes into the classroom. "hey... (l/n)..." his voice is depressed, completely opposite from his usual energetic self.

"wha- you too?" You flinch at the boy as he wobbles his way to the desk. "And... How many?"

"One..." he mumbles.

"NOT BAD!" You shout. "okay you two. Cheer up, its only one test, and you can do a make up exam. Tokyo isn't out of the question!" The boys look up at your optimistic smile. "its not over yet."

Hinata snaps out of his sad state, "(l/n), is that your catch phrase?"

"Oh! Um, I guess it is... someone told it to me when I was just starting volleyball, I guess it kinda stuck to me." You put your hand on your chin. "it basically works for everything to be honest. I can't remember who it was that said it though..."

Kageyama's eyes lit up as he was looking at you.

You look down at him and smile, "look who emerged from the grave! I'll see you guys after school okay?" You left the classroom.

'So it is her then, but she doesn't remember.' Kageyama thought as he looked into his lap, eyes still wide from the realization.

~Flashback... May 2nd, 2005~

"Owie, 'Kawa that hurt!" (y/n) yelled at the boy from the other side of the court. "You know I'm not very good, you can't just hit it full force!"

The young girl, 8 years old, sits on the ground holding her cheek.

"Oikawa you dummy! Look at what you did!" Iwaizumi runs towards the girl and kneels beside her. "are you okay (f/n)?"

The young girl glared towards the setter. "I'm fine. But I hate losing to him! I wanted to prove I was getting better."

She jumps up. "why do I have to play alone on this side?! Its not fair!" She yells and clenches her fists.

"(f/n) you're acting like a baby! You know you're good, so I wanted you to do your best." Oikawa taunts at the other side of the net.

"ugh you JERK-" the girl starts to yell.

"c-can I play?" A little black haired boy comes up behind the group at the park.

Shocked, (y/n) turns around. "you like volleyball?" She asks.

"I love it! My name is Kageyama Tobio." He smiles at her.

The little girl smirks and turns back to Oikawa and Iwaizumi who are now both standing at the edge of the net on the other side. "We're challenging you! First to 10!"

She turns back to Kageyama, "I'm (l/n) (f/n)! Lets win this!"

...

8-8.

WHAM.

"OW! 'KAWA!" The ball barrels off of her face on the same spot as last time. The girl was in more pain this time though.

Tears welled up in her eyes and Iwaizumi struck Oikawa on the top of the head.

"You dummy!"

"She walked right into that one!" Oikawa turns to you and shouts, "sorry little star~"

This comment made the girl angry. She was about to storm off, but someone grabbed her hand.

"wait!" She looks up to see Kageyama looking intently at her. "its not over yet."

A burst of confidence surged through her, 'he's right. Its not over.'

She set up to receive the serve, "9-8. Bring it on."

They serve it over and she receives it perfectly, its high but the black haired boy gets under it. The girl runs to the net and takes off in a two foot jump. He sets it right in front of her and she hits it- 'whoops! I hit it with the side of my hand!' She thinks as she makes the impact.

The ball moves sideways but hits the ground on the other side of the net.

"huh- WHAT?!" Oikawa stands shocked. "You can do a cut shot?!"

"a.. cut... shot?" (y/n) questions.

"Oh man (f/n) I didn't know you could do that!" Iwaizumi yells.

"o-oh! Heh heh, thanks." She scratches the back of her head.

Kageyama high fives her, "Good one!"

"tch." A sound comes from the other side of the net.

"9-9. Next point wins!" The girl yelled. She looks over at her teammate and smiles brightly, "its not over yet."

He smirks back and takes the ball, Serves it up. He runs to the front of the net to get in position to block, and the girl gets back to receive. They set it and spike it over but she has learned. Instead of letting it hit her face, she bumps it up. Its off the line to the setter, a little close to the net, but the boy runs up and gets under it. (y/n) run forward again and get ready to jump, but...

"uh-."

The ball hits the other side of the court. The girl and her partner won.

"SETTER DUMP?!" Oikawa yells, irritated.

"Pfft. 'Kawa your face looks stupid." The girl starts laughing hard and holds her stomach. She straightens up.

"my HERO!" She yells lunging herself at her partner. The velocity of her jump to him makes them spin around and her feet come off of the ground. After a rotation she regains her footing.

She takes a step back. "Thank you very much!"

The young boy blushes and scratches the back of his head. "youre... welcome..."

"(f/n), your moms expecting you, we have to bring you home now." Iwaizumi says, standing next to a depressed Oikawa.

"okay!" The girl starts running towards the pair. As she runs, she turns her head and waves back, "bye! Lets play again sometime!"

"uh-yeah..."

After that, the girl didn't see the black haired boy again. He wasn't at the park, nor was he in the area. She could only assume he must have moved away. As the years went by, the memory of who the boy was faded away, but she remembered...

Its not over... yet.

...

~Flashback end~

(a/n: Sorry this one was kinda a long one! SO just to explain, Kageyama remembered, not you.)