"I know Pat. But I know I love him." I say and he nods. 

"I can tell you do." He says and I nod. 

"Anyways, enough about him, what's going on in your life?" I ask and he laughs. 

"I wish I could tell you something interesting that has happened, but nothing has." He says and I smile. 

"Come on, there has to be something." I say. He leans back on the couch and has a think. 

"Oh yeah, I met this girl the other day." He says and I smile. 

"Really? Did you?" I ask and he nods. 

"Yep, she's really nice. And pretty." He says blushing and I smile. 

"What's her name?" I ask and Patrick shrugs. 

"I was being too much of a pussy to go up and talk to her." He says rubbing his neck and I laugh. 

"Of course you were. But was she looking at you?" 

"She was, so I thought maybe she'd come up and talk to me, because she seemed interested." 

"Pat, you know girls love it when guys make the first move." I say and he nods. 

"I know, but sometimes you girls need to instigate it too." He says getting up and I shrug, 

"True." 

"Do you want anything to drink?" 

"Yeah, just some water." I say and Pat frowns. 

"You're boring." 

"Well, what do you want me to drink?" I say and he shrugs. 

"I dunno, a soft drink at least." 

"Nah, I'm fine with water." I say and he sighs. 

"Alright, whatever you say." He says, getting a cup from the cupboard and pouring some water in it. He brings the cup over and hands it to me. I smile and thank him. I place the cup down on the table and he smiles. 

"You know you'll get back with Marcus right." He says and I sigh. 

"That's what everyone has said to me." 

"Well, I guess we know that's what will happen." He says with a smile and I nod. 

"It probably will, but I'm not getting my hopes up. And plus I'm supposed to be mad at him for cheating." 

"Em. You know she kissed him first." 

"I know, but it doesn't matter, he should've taken a step back, when she moved closer." 

"Maybe he didn't think she'd kiss him." Patrick shrugs and I nod. 

"Maybe. I guess Marcus is a bit clueless sometimes." I say and Patrick laughs. 

"Sometimes? Almost all the time, unless it has something to do with sport, footy in particular." He says and I laugh. 

"You're right."