The Dragon's Bride

Every month I post a poll on my P/treon for the story of the month. Basically a mystery story poll, where you can vote on which AU Ereri will play around with. All of these stories will be one-shots (5k-10k words). This is for the month of October.

Special thanks to my patrons:
Tiffany Brown
Rosie Morris
John W Ballantyne
Dani Li

------

There was a legend a long time ago. There was a drought, and the farmer was in his last wist. He came across a snake and said that if the snake can make it rain, then he'll give his daughter as his wife. The snake agreed and turned into a dragon with green eyes, summoning rain into the lands. The next day, the dragon came back and claimed his bride. With his new wife in his back, the dragon flew to the skies. And the farmer's daughter never came back.

I read silently at the faded pamphlet of our town before I turned towards the sounds of the distant whistle of the train. "It's been an hour and fucking Hange is still not here!"

My name is Levi Ackerman. I'm a writer. I lived half of his life in this small town in the countryside. After high school, I went to the city to enter university and thankfully got a job after. But as a writer, aside from the pressure of deadlines, I have to deal with writer's block.

That's why after five years, I returned here. For inspiration. Not that my whole life here was all rainbows and ponies. After my mother died, I have to deal with my good-for-nothing uncle. He died while I was still at university, and I wasn't able to attend his funeral.

Even though he was a useless bastard, the guy is still my uncle. I have to at least visit his grave. Maybe tomorrow. Or the next day.

I glance down at my wrist watched and cursed at how much time had passed. "Fucking Hange, she volunteered to pick me up, and then this happened!"

Fishing my phone in my pocket, I decided to call Erwin or Isabelle and Farlan instead. Only for my phone to die on me.

"Great," I sighed and lean back on the bench.

Hange, Erwin, Isabelle, and Farlan were my childhood friends. They're the few friends I have that understood me inside out.

Isabelle and Farlan got married last year and I was ashamed that I didn't show up. But they didn't hate me for not attending, instead, they still welcome me in their new home. Farlan took over the grocery store his parents owned and Isabelle helped him out.

Hange is an agriculturist. She's the one supplying Farlan's grocery. That crazy bitch won't stop blabbering about her hydroponic gardens.

And Erwin, he works at the city hall. Since our town is small and most of the people living here are elders, it is quiet and almost zero crime rate.

Opening the pamphlet in my hands, I tell how much Erwin worked to keep the town alive. He tries so hard to invite tourists to the point that he'll put our famous legend on the front page.

Putting away the pamphlet, I stared at the familiar landscape of our town. Nothing had changed much.

"Alright, guess I'm a little late this time."

I turned towards the guy who sat next to me. My eyes scanned him from head to toe. He wore a kimono, his brown hair is nothing but a birds' nest, his skin's perfectly tanned (I'm jealous) and his eyes. They're green with a swirl of gold in them, like a jew in the middle of a lush forest.

"Hello," he smiled at me. Teeth white and perfect.

How could be a guy so perfect? I internally slapped myself. Fuck, my gay is probably showing.