"Get up B. We have Carribean boys to fall in love with." I say while flicking on her lights. She only responded with a groan, and a pillow thrown right next to my head. "Get up or else I'll pour ice water all over you." I added while throwing the pillow back at her. She sat up immediately, her eyes wide with fear and anger.

"Don't. you. Dare." She threatened, knowing that I've done that to her one too many times in the past. I just shrugged with a smug look drawn across my face and headed out of her room and towards the stairs.

Once I get down stairs and into the kitchen, I'm greeted with the smell of fresh coffee and my sweet mother reading her book. "Hi darling, you all packed and ready?" she asked.

"Good morning, yea I'm all set mom. It's weird to be up before the sun." I greeted her with a side hug while grabbing my personal mug with the city of Oakland's skyline drawn on it. I was named after the city that my parents met in, and where I was born before moving across the country to South Carolina.

"It's worth it, because in just a couple of hours we will be laying on the beach in Jamaica!" she sang the last word, and did one of her silly little dances. I just laughed as I poured my coffee. I like my coffee black, because the added sugar and creamer is too unhealthy for me. I tend to watch heavily on what I eat, because growing up as a dancer causes lots of self-image issues.

As I take the first sips of my coffee, I hear my sister dramatically drag her suitcase down the stairs, causing my dad to storm into the kitchen. "Byerly! Why are you being so loud?" he yells at her.

"I'm tired dad, calm down geez!" She responds with an attitude. My family may seem normal from the outside, but we hardly all get along genuinely. My dad is a workaholic, control freak while my sister hates to be bossed around, which causes lots of friction between the two. My mom and I just stay on the outside, because we are chill and don't like to mess with them.

"You are so disrespectful" He tells her.

Wow. starting off the day strong.

I just sigh, and walk out of the kitchen after putting my mug on the counter, near the sink while they continue to bicker. I head up to my room to grab everything I am bringing for the trip, and change into my airport outfit. Having a sister who is a fashion major really caused you to have to always look put together. I put on some denim colored joggers, and a thin white sweater, along with my favorite white sneakers. I grabbed my things and headed downstairs, avoiding banging my suitcase down them so that I wouldn't get yelled at like my hard-headed sister.

"Alright, let's load up the car" my dad says, grabbing his and my mom's luggage. I grab mine and my sister follows behind me.

We all get in the car and I quickly put in my airpods, so that I don't have to listen to my parent's alt rock music. Nothing against the genre, just at 5am, a hard beat isn't what I am looking for. I click on one of my many playlists that I take pride in. I love music, and growing up around the music scene because of my dad has really shaped my love. I shuffle my slow playlist, and FOOLS by Troye Sivan plays.

Within 15 minutes, we are getting out of the car, and rolling our bags through the automatic doors of the airport. My dad signs us in using one of those kiosks to get our tickets, and passes them out. We all look to see which seat numbers we have and I instantly sigh.

"I am always the one who is separated from the family." I say with disappointment, but no surprise in my tone.

The fam just giggles because it is basically an on running joke between us by now. We check our bags and pass through TSA security. We have a connecting flight in atlanta, so I am going to sleep on this first plane and work on my highlight video for dance auditions on the next flight.

We all sit on our computers in our gate, until they finally start calling us to board. I'm getting antsy to load the plane, because I am just so excited.

The music stays playing in my headphones as we all walk down the hallway towards the plane doors, and the rest of my family parts from me once they find their seats next to each other. I sigh in relief when I realise I got the window seat, because I still get nervous when the plane first takes off, even though I've been on too many planes to count. This first plane ride is only 35 minutes, so I'm going to take a quick nap since it is only like 6:30am, AKA too early for me.

Once we took off, I put my head down on the tray attached to the back of the seat in front of me, and drifted off while listening to my calming music. I was only woken up by the abrupt shake of the plane hitting the tarmac of the Atlanta airport. I looked up over the seats to see if my parents were still there, even though I knew they wouldn't have been able to go anywhere while I was asleep. I then slouched back down, because I knew I would be sitting on the plane for at least 10 more minutes until we could exit, since I was towards the back.

I was sitting in a row of three chairs, but the middle seat was empty with a middle aged business man sitting on the outside tapping away on his keyboard. I reached into my backpack and brought it up onto the empty seat, causing the man to give me an annoyed look. I ignored it and grabbed a piece of gum, along with my book out of my bag.

Once the plane was ready to unload, I packed up my things and stood up, ready to get out of that small area to stretch my legs. I finally met up with my parents and sister after entering the gate, and they were hurrying me off to get to our next gate that gets us to Jamaica. We sped walked across the airport, and got to the next gate with the perfect amount of time, because right when we arrived, they started loading.

I, once again, was placed away from my parents, but it was okay because my sister had to sit away from them too. This plane was smaller and only had double seating instead of the triple.

Me and my sister did a cheesy skip down the hallway to the plane because we are so excited and she sat in her seat which was only two in front of mine, while my parents were more towards the front.

I walked up to my seat and noticed that I was the aisle, but I still sat by the window, because hopefully I'd have no one sitting next to me. I instantly pulled out my computer, and put my airpods back in to watch some netflix before I lost data. I also opened the window.

As I was about to press play on my favorite show, American Horror Story, I heard a voice talking to me.

"Excuse me.." a british accent greeted me. I looked up to be met with the most vibrant green eyes. "I think you're in my seat."