~3~

Chapter name: everybody gets high
Date of publishing: November 4th
Dedicated to:

I didn't see winter until art class, and I felt this huge relief glide off my shoulders at the goofy grin and wave he gave me

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I didn't see winter until art class, and I felt this huge relief glide off my shoulders at the goofy grin and wave he gave me. He was cute in a sense. I had to double take my words. Cute? Oh no- not this.. I gulped a bit at the soft butterflies that arose at the recognition of my feelings and I sighed gently, walking over with a half forced smile. Winter took notice but didn't press for answers. That's one of the things I loved- winter didn't push me out of curiosity. Anyways, the class was rather boring. We mostly talked and drew, and my art suddenly took a turn..to beautiful cacti and succulents growing out of dark musty skulls and hollow bones. I had mixed our art because I was thinking about him so much. Oh boy. This was going to be fun.

-time skip 30 minutes-

It was about time to go home and I sighed deeply, getting my things ready when I was greeted at my locker, by the only person who recognised my existence, "winter. What are you doing over here?" I ask cautiously- wondering how he found my locker. He shrugs nonchalantly, "well I figure since we can't hang out later, would you like to walk home?" I was taken aback before frowning, "as long as you don't come up to my door" i say nervously, not really wanting to walk home with winter but knowing he wouldn't give up and would pester me until I said yes anyways. I sighed and got my things ready to go, grabbing the speaker and charger I had forgotten in my locker the other day and nodding to winter who smiled giddily and took my wrist, causing me to wince as he pulled me through the leaving crowd and out of the school. He had grabbed a bruise and was nearing a cut as I tried to keep quiet and not react. He simply lowered his hand to mine and I frowned a bit- letting it sit before very hesitantly dropping winters hand, not trusting him yet.

"You know.. I didn't get to ask you many questions." I say softly, frowning a bit. He frowns before his smile picks back up and he nods, "fire away! I'm happy to answer any!" I frown, "why do you even like me?" I ask almost irritated. Winter is frowning now too, "well.. I don't know. You don't choose who you like it's just..every action and word they speak entails you to no end.. entraps you in this blanket of haze that makes everything more bright..and beautiful.. I guess I'm saying I like you because I just..do.." he says with a deep blush that had me grinning. How adorable. Puppy love. I sighed gently, "please don't use me as an experiment.. it'll just hurt." I say, as i had learned from experience. Winter nodded slightly, "I'm gay. I know I'm gay. After the shit that happened though I'm surprised I'm still into guys." His eyes widened and he clammed up, causing me to frown. That's strange.. did he have bad experiences with guys? I frowned, "what- bad breakup?" I ask softly. He nods slightly, "lets put it this way.. I'm in michigan now because of him." He says with a numb yet grateful look in his eyes. I watch him curiously. Only time will unwrap this tale, I knew all too well. Though now that I know he's been through something.. possibly similar I might.. might open up.. I frown, "what are your parents like?" I decides to ask and Winters smile returns. "my mum's are great! They're super nice and lenient and understand what I'm going through. They're like.. my best friends but also my parents y'know. I also have a step sister in case you're wondering. Shes 6."