Chapter Four

I awoke with a start, the Jeep flipping sending me all over my seat. Strong arms wrapped around my shoulders, holding me as still as possible. Energy poured through me as I thought of a protection spell. Letting the words spill from my lips I send out strings of blue light, everything stopped turning as I lowered the vehicle back to the ground. Jun groaned around me, I shifted my vision blurry for only a second. Jun had small cuts from the glass littered across his face.

"Are you alright?" He coughed as he shifted again. I nodded. "What happened?" Panic bubbled in the bottom of my throat. "Not sure, I remember seeing something dash into our path, I tried swerving to avoid it." Jun grunted as he unbuckled himself. I mirrored his actions, grabbing out bags and tossing them out of the window in the process. Climbing out of the window I move to sit on top of the tipped over vehicle. I jump down with a thump, turning around briefly to see Jun close behind me.

The jeep was wreaked, there was no way we would be able to drive it now. "Shit." I cursed under my breath. "This is an easy fix. But it'll only last for a short time." Jun laughed as he stepped back and took a look at the totaled vehicle. I raised an eyebrow at him. "What do you mean an easy fix?"

"There's a lot that you don't know about me, Sunshine." Jun smirked as he walked to the edge of the overturned vehicle. With no effort he gripped the edge of the jeep and pulled putting it back onto all four wheels. He then walked to the hood of the car, his palms pressed flat against the hood. Jun's hands began to glow a deep gold, in a flash the jeep pieced itself back together. The windows resealed with glass as well as the front and rear windshields. Dents popped back out and in no time the vehicle looked like new.

"Jun, how did you-" Jun shrugged.

"Something I picked up in Dubai." He smirked. Striding over he grabs our bags and tosses the back into the jeep. Searing heat tore through my shoulder, I cried out in pain as I whipped around to find a witch smirking. Her hand lit up with fire as she prepared another spell. I hold out my hand and aim, ice sickles form at my finger tips and I launch them in her direction. She easily steps to the side looking at me as if I were dirt on her shoes.

"I'm surprised the twins didn't move sooner." She spoke with a thick southern drawl.

"Who are you?" I growl.

"Sunshine!" Jun's voice catches my attention, but my eyes never leave the witch. Jun's hand grabs my arm, I jolt the pain from the fire still there. He helps me upas he watches the witch as well.

"I'm from the Black Moon Coven in Virginia. Y'all can call me Stacy." She grinned, before she could speak again Jun sent a ball of pure black at her. Her eyes grew as she tried to lunge out of the way but was consumed by the black orb. It began to shrink as it hovered in place, growing smaller and smaller by the minute.

"What is that?"

"It's a darkness spell. The smaller it grows the more life it sucks out of it's victim. I try to avoid using it as much as possible but I can't risk you getting hurt." Jun held his hand above my burning shoulder, a dull blue light encircling his palm. Slowly, the burning stopped and the damaged skin on my shoulder healed. I glanced back at the dark orb, by this point it was on the brink of imploding on itself. Jun stuck out his hand and snapping it close. The black orb shattered and disappeared into the earth.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"She's dead. We'll have to be quick about ditching this jeep. We have no clue if she's been in communication with the others. Jun strode over to the Jeep and pressed his hands flat against it. In the blink of an eye the Jeep transformed into a range rover.

"This is only temporary, let's get moving. We're only an hour away from our destination." Jun helped me up from the ground and led me towards the vehicle. I climbed inside while he grabbed our bags and tossed them into the back seat. The next second he was peeling off down the road.

We finally arrived at the address the twins had given us. The building was large with a deep wooded area behind it. The building was made of brick, which would come in handy against any type of fire. There was a spacious parking lot and the building had to have at least three hundred or more rooms. Which would be more than enough space.

Jun led the way to the leasing office which was a small building across the street. I watched his back as he walked, the subtle muscles flexing underneath his black t-shirt. Shaking my head I rub my temples as a dull ache begins.

Jun opens the door standing to the side as I walk in. While the area was small, it was still comfortable with its beige walls and grey carpet. An arm chair and sofa sat across from each other on one side of the room, and on the other was the receptionist desk. A young woman, probably in her early twenties, sat at the desk. Her hair a deep chocolate brown was pulled back into a ponytail, her facial features resembled those of an eastern Asian. She glanced up, her eyes zeroing in on Jun. Something tugged inside my chest as her eyes gobbled up his appearance. A subtle move caught my attention as she adjusted herself lifting her barely there breast and smoothing a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Hello, can I help you?" The receptionist squeaked, her eyes trailing up and down Jun.

"Yes, my wife and I were looking for a place to rent out. We saw the building across the street was rather empty. How much would that cost?" Jun asked, slipping his arm around my waist and pulling me against him. The girl sucked her teeth, her eyes hovering over the spot Jun touched.

"The entire building?" Her eyebrows raised.

"Yes, is there a problem? I have more than enough to cover the rent and utilities for the next year or so." Jun pulled out the wade of cash and flashed it in front of the girls face.

"I'd have to check with my boss. He'll- oh sir, there you are. We have a lovely couple here that wants to rent out the entire building. Isn't that crazy." Her voice was thick with a mocking tone.

We turned to see a short chubby man, his hair on the greasier side, and an unkempt beard. He looked us over and scoffed. "We don't rent out entire buildings. Try looking else where." Cold rushed to my side as Jun released me, he stalked towards the man and stared down at him.

"You'll rent me out the building." Jun began, his voice even and mellow. "Anyone else that tries to rent a room will be turned down and told to find somewhere else. You won't remember this conversation or myself and my companion. As far as you're concerned you're making a profit. Do you understand." I glanced at the man, his eyes and face as blank as paper.

"As far as I care, I'm making a profit." The man replied in a tranced state. Jun nodded and turned repeating the same words to the receptionist. When he was finished he turned to me, his eyes a buzzing neon green. As the color fizzled out I came to the true realization.

I really knew nothing about this man...