Exploration: Part 2

Xerox and Silver were on the roof of the girls cabin, watching everything play out. Well, Xerox was watching everything play out, Silver was listening to music and looking at whatever clouds that drifted by. Neither of them socialized much, and didn't have many friends among the group. Xerox watched as Loki brought Peter into the abyss of trees next to them. Where do those paths lead to?" they thought aloud, oblivious to the person next to them. Xerox got up and slowly walked towards the edge of the roof. Once they were as close as they could get, they jumped down. X landed on their feet and started following Loki, leaving Silver alone.

       Once X was out of earshot, though, Silver mumbled the words, "Finally."

_________________________________________________

       Thomas, William, and Winter were at the training ground. Tommy and Winter were running laps around it, and even though they denied it, they were definitely racing. And Tommy was definitely cheating.

       "Speed! Slow down! That isn't fair to Winter!" Billy called from the side. He was watching them race and eating a bag of chips.

       "Why don't you come over here and race with us before you tell us what's fair?!" He responded, stopping in front of him.

       "He's right, if you're gonna use your powers, I should be able to use my roller skates," Winter defended. Wheels were faster than feet, right?

       "But you enchanted your roller skates!" Tommy whined. "I enchanted the so that they'd work on other surfaces! Not so that they'd be faster!"

       Billy rolled his eyes as he put another chip in his mouth. "Billy, keep running. Go get your skates, Snowfall." Winter fist bumped the air with a "Yesss!" and started running off towards the cars. Tommy groaned. "How come you always favor her in these situations?" "I don't favor her, she's just in the right most of the time." Tommy raised a brow. "Alright, all of the time." Tommy was the one rolling his eyes this time, and started running again.

_________________________________________________

       Shuri was, of course, in the lab. The lab was basically a smaller cabin filled with tech. There was a wall of tools and suit pieces, and an empty area for testing things (that was fit to be tested indoors, anyway). Accompanying her was Sinthea. They didn't really like each other, but Sin was kind of like a volunteer guinea pig, so they handled it like adults and didn't talk to each other throughout the experiments. To be fair, some of the 'adults' in their life were Steve and Tony, so it's not like they're not acting like adults.

       "I just need you to put this on, and tell me how you feel," Shuri said to Sinthea while handing her a vest. She nodded, put it on, and said, "Ready." Shuri, without warning pressed a button and Sin stumbled backwards, clutching her stomach. Shuri, who wasn't paying attention, went to press another button. Sinthea put her right arm out to block her from hitting it, but was a second to late. She experienced a bolt of pain coming up from her right side, leaving her to lean on the 'desk' that Shuri was using.

       "Do you think you could tell me what this IS NEXT TIME?!" "Yes, of course. But how much did it hurt?" Sinthea clenched her jaw, took off the vest, and threw it at Shuri. "I'm not doing this today," she said, walking out of the lab, still holding onto her stomach and now side as well.

       "I needed to know that so I could help you!" Shuri yelled to Sin, who put up a not-very-nice hand gesture in reply.

       Allison walked past Sin on the way in to the lab. She pointed her thumb back at her. "What's wrong with her?" Shuri shrugged. "I don't know, but would you be willing to test this for me?" "Sure, why not?"