32. the comfort in silence

Start from the beginning

"It's none of your business if I was with her or not," Kyung replied back, sounding annoyed. Then he sighed again and pulled the bike up, living it from the ground. He walked over to the railing on my side and made the bike lean on it. Then he looked back at me and asked, "Why are you always so curious about her?"

I raised my left eyebrow at him and said, "I am not. I just... She's my friend, Kyung."

Kyung rolled his eyes at what I said and muttered under his breath, "This again..."

"What's that supposed to mean?

"You know, what I mean, Ara.

He stared at me once again and raised his right hand up but stopped midway when a car passed by down the road. I looked at his right hand and back up at him. Whatever Kyung was thinking, it must be something hard for him to say out loud. 

So I took his right hand in my left hand and whispered, "If you think that Danoh will hurt me because she's sick, then you're wrong, Kyung. I've been through much worse pain."

Kyung's eyes softened and he looked back at our hands. I looked down and felt my heart beating fast. I shut my eyes close and listened to it. I felt the cold wind brushing itself against my skin. It made me shiver and then Kyung's warm hand had pulled itself away from my cold one. I was saddened by this but soon felt something warm being placed on top of my shoulders.

I opened my eyes and saw Kyung's chest a few inches away from my face. I blushed at how close we were and after blinking my eyes, I realized that Kyung was putting his dark brown pea coat on me. He pulled away once he finished what he was doing and gently smiled.

"You don't feel cold anymore?" He asked as he took one step back from me.

I nodded my head while placing my hands inside the pea coat's pockets. Then Kyung and I turned away from each other and stared at the beautiful view from the railing. 

After talking with Kyung about his new tennis racket and a practice game that's coming up after the summer break, I looked over at him and said.

"Maybe we should get going," I spoke up as I softly yawned.

Kyung chuckled at me and didn't say anything else after that as he got his bike standing. We both got on and the former silence from earlier on came back. After riding down a couple of more streets, Kyung stopped in front of a familiar gate. My eyes were halfshut since I was already falling asleep but then I heard Namju's voice calling for me.

"Ara, there you are!" My cousin exclaimed as the gate opened.

I looked up and saw him walking over to me and Kyung. We both were still on the bike but when Namju finally stood in front of me, I unwrapped my arms around Kyung and got off from where I was sitting on with my cousin's help. Then I rubbed my eyes open and looked at the two boys.

"Where have you been?" Namju asked me but before I could say something, Kyung answered his question for me.

"She was with me," Kyung told Namju, who looked at us weirdly but didn't bother to ask why. 

Then Namju thanked Kyung for bringing me back home and that we'll see him next week in school. After giving Kyung a soft, tired smile, Namju and I walked inside our house. Then out of nowhere the tall boy decided to give me a piggyback ride since I looked too tired to walk up the staircase to my bedroom. At first I didn't want to since it was embarrassing but after looking at the long ass staircase, I gave in.

"You are really heavy, cuz!" Namju said as he finally reached the top of the stairs. 

I jumped off of him and hit the back of his head. "Now, you complain?" I asked, irritated.

Oh Namju chuckled and patted my head. "Go and sleep well, Ara."

"Mhmm, night, Nami!

I yawned again and started to walk to my bedroom.

"Haha, night, Ra!

I stopped in the middle of the hallway and looked back at Namju just to see him walking to his bedroom.

Then I whispered to myself, "Even in the Shadow, he calls me what Haru would always call me..."

💘 a/n.

skjsksjksjks for all KyungRa shippers out there !!

There ya go. 👌🏼😂 

1130 words- this chapter looks short tho lmao 🤦‍♀️