ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸

Start from the beginning

It looks even worse when he lets you and Mina braid it.

Though, Bakugo will never admit to these idiots that he lets you braid his hair from time to time, even if it's short and not as fun to play with like you complain. You like to tease him that he should grow it out like Kirishima.

Bakugo lets out an annoyed growl. "Oh shut up! I'm going to bed!" He shouts at them, throwing a middle finger over his shoulder which only earns more laughter in response.

He makes it to the elevator just as the squad starts barking in laughter from the couches, no doubt over some snarky comment Shitty Hair or Tape Arms came up with. Bakugo doesn't let it bother him, jabbing the button until a loud ding comes from the elevator as the doors slide open.

It only takes a couple of minutes for him to be back in his dorm room, the familiar setup relaxing to his mind as he flops onto the blankets and suffocates himself in a pillow. Katsuki always has trouble falling asleep when you're not here with him, he's just grown too used to having you beside him to cuddle with. He's been spoiled by your love and teasing affection for so long that it's just another part of his everyday life. If you don't annoy him at least once every day, then he knows something is wrong.

Bakugo lets out a sigh, turning his head to the side to stare at the empty wall. It stares back at him, blank and boring while an annoyed groan comes from the blond-haired male.

"I'm not going to fucking sleep tonight," He tells himself, smothering his face back into the pillow. But, it's only another 30 minutes before he passes out cold.

•••••

Date: September 23, XXXX
Time: 9:12 a.m.
Location: UA Campus

Waking up the second time wasn't any easier.

Even with the smell of bacon and eggs wafting through the small apartment, along with the sound of metal bowls and pans being moved around and clanking together, his mind felt heavy. Bakugo's eyes blink open for a mere second, before closing again in an angry squint at the light being let in by the open curtains on the other side of the living room. It takes his brain another moment to recognize he isn't in his bed at the dorms, and that he shouldn't be able to hear what's going on in the kitchen so clearly from two floors up.

Slowly and with furrowed brows, Bakugo opens his eyes again to find his head laying on the throw pillow of a grey couch and a thin blank draped over his body. The room he's in is nothing like his, with minimum, bland decorations and a lighter color scheme than his own.

It takes the boy two more exhausted blinks to recognize the pictures hung up on the opposite wall over a small, wooden storage cabinet. A picture of you and All Might at an award ceremony, from when you had surpassed Endeavor long enough to take the place as No. 1 hero. It only lasted a year, his whole second year at UA, before Endeavor managed to snatch the spot back and made your rivalry even more fire-fueled. Ever since, both of you have been at each other's necks and taking as many dangerous missions as you can to increase your ranks, much to Bakugo's dismay and disappointment.

Bakugo's gaze shifts in a daze from the photo, to the round dining table made of wood that sits on the other side of the kitchen. He's been here before several times, he finally realizes after his eyes land on the flower arrangement on the table, he's been here with you for dinner. This is All Might's apartment, but why is he here?

The pans clink again in the kitchen and then Bakugo hears the sound of a whisk beating against the sides of a bowl. Over and over again until the cook is satisfied with the mixing. Another clank and then a small click as the stovetop is turned up to cook whatever is being made.