ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

Start from the beginning

Finally, the last two are both women with short hair cut to their shoulders, faces stern, and not hiding their distaste for the child in front of them. Their distaste for you. One has light green hair like the vines of the plants that crawl up the side of the building, and the other has brown hair with a light bounce to it. Based off of the matching rings on their fingers, they are married too.

The blond-haired male clears his throat roughly and stands up, towering over you and facing your direction when he speaks like a businessman proposing an idea for a new bundle system. His eyes are unforgiving as a sadistic smile slips onto his face and he speaks, low and smooth, "We bought you to fill out the duties our last...dog could not complete, and we had to dispose of. Don't get caught. Don't let yourself be seen. Behave or you'll be thrown out without a second thought. You are easily replaceable, kid."

You nod, face blank and expressionless to not reveal anything to them. None of your fears or thoughts. If they knew who you actually are, then you'd already be dead. Or they would be, it matters how well your abilities match against theirs. And, that's why you're here, to find their weaknesses so you and the heroes can take them down.

These six people make up the majority of the crime and black markets ruling Japan from the shadows. They are all extremely dangerous, powerful, and influential. You recognize every single one of them from the files you were given for this mission. The Hero Commission needed someone young, powerful, and trained to take this mission, so naturally, you were chosen by the Hero President.

Toshinori begged you not to come here, and you even promised him you wouldn't, but when you got the rest of the details, you knew this might be your only chance to take these crime lords down from the inside. You just hope Toshinori finds the note you left on his porch and won't be too upset when you get back.

If you get back.

You hope he doesn't worry too much in the meantime, but you doubt that.

"You're going to be my little dog for the rest of your short-lived life," The blond smirks and holds out a hand with a small ring made of metal, "You will be marked as my pet."

Your eyes widen a fraction of an inch without your permission, your mind processing what he means. That metal ring is used to burn the symbol of the organization into the skin of its members and permanently marks you as one of them.

"Remove your shirt to be marked," The sadistic man says with the brightest smirk you've seen someone wear at the prospect of getting to hurt another human being. He cocks his head to the side and taunts, "Unless you aren't as loyal to us as you claimed in your application."

Not giving the psycho the satisfaction of stepping back in fear or cowering, your fingers graze the hem of your shirt before gripping it tightly and lifting the thin fabric over your head. Left in your bra, you toss it to the floor and kneel to the ground like a good little servant. You don't break eye contact as he steps around the table to approach you with the metal disc carved into the shape of a viper.

Then, he steps behind you and you drop your head to face the ground for him. His warm hands push aside your hair at the base of your neck, the cold disc pressing against the nape of it.

"This is going to hurt," He taunts, whispering in your ear.

Then the burning. Instant and searing into your skin to bond you to this group of criminals. You bite your lip as it burns and burns and burns, but you don't shout or scream in pain. You bite your bottom lip harder as the smell of burnt flesh floats in the air like a sign of death hanging over you, drawing blood as the pain intensifies. A small chuckle comes from behind you, having to resist the urge to whip around and throw a knife directly into his stupid face. It feels like your neck is on fire and maybe it is with the way the skin around the metal burns like a wildfire too. It is like death itself is caressing your neck as your eyes water and fists clench.