Chapter 23

The TARDIS shook even more violently as all of us clung to the console. The Doctor and I tried to control her, but nothing worked. Donna asked, "What the hell's it doing?"

"The control's not working," he stated. I got thrown down under the console. A hand shook in its glass jar. My memory recalled the Doctor losing his hand. I just didn't know that he found it. I yelled, "I don't know where we're going, but your old hand's very excited about it."

"I thought that was just some freaky alien thing," She demanded, "You telling me it's yours?"

The Doctor started to defend himself, but Martha explained, "It got cut off. He grew a new one." I smirked a bit, but that only made her turn to me. "Oh, don't get me started on your misplaced kidneys." My cheeks burned.

"You two are completely impossible," Donna decided.

"Not impossible. Just a bit unlikely," he corrected and smiled at me. A huge bang happened, but almost like a switch turned off, the TARDIS became still. The Doctor and I ran outside, to the astonishment of Donna and Martha.

The TARDIS brought us to a very dirty tunnel. I could hardly see in the dim light. The Doctor wondered, "Why would the TARDIS bring us here, then?"

"Oh, I love this bit," she giggled.

"I thought you wanted to go home."

"I know, but all the same," Martha reminisced, "It's that feeling you get."

"Like you swallowed a hamster?" Donna suggested and I looked at her weirdly.

Out of nowhere, four men with rifles come. "Don't move! Stay where you are! Drop your weapons." We raised our hands to show that no one had weapons.

"We're unarmed. Look, no weapons," he promised, "Never any weapons. We're safe."

"Did you just say 'we're safe'?" I inquired. The Doctor just rolled his eyes.

One of the soldiers informed, "Look at their hands. They're clean."

"All right, process them. Him first." The head soldier pointed to the Doctor. "Then her." He noticed me. Two soldiers took the Doctor and I to a machine.
"Oi, oi. What's wrong with clean hands?"

"What gives?" First, the Doctor got his right arm shoved inside. They took me to a different one and did the same thing. Donna tried, "Leave them alone."

Nevertheless, I felt something tighten around my arm. "Something tells me this isn't about to check my blood pressure," the Doctor remarked before grimacing. I gasped in pain.

"What are you doing to them?" She demanded.

The head simply stated, "Everyone gets processed."

"It's taken a tissue sample. Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow," I chanted, "And extrapolated it."

"Some kind of accelerator?" He suggested. We both get released and rubbed our arms.
"Are you all right?" Martha checked. The only thing was a graze on the back of the hand.

"What on earth? That's just-" he stopped when a pair of doors open and two people step out. A seemingly young girl with blond hair dressed for the army accompanied with a small boy, dressed similarly, with light brown hair.

"Arm yourself," he instructed and handed each of them a rifle. Something came over me and I snatched the gun out of the boy's hand. "What do you think you're doing?"

Martha asked, "Where did they come from?"

"From us," The Doctor looked at me. I pieced it together and dropped the gun.