Too Early For This Sh*t

Comincia dall'inizio

"Yeah, I guess for now. Good news though! Nick is awake from his coma and doc says he's going to run more tests tomorrow before he's given the green light to discharge.", I say to Ronnie.

"Thats good! Dean and Zoe went to bed and I'm going to keep an eye on Ricky until he wakes up.", Ronnie says writing something down on his clipboard he had. I yawned and rubbed my eyes as I felt a bit tired.

"You should go on ahead and get some sleep. Its pretty late.", Ronnie says taking a sip of coffee.

"Yeah it is pretty late. I'll see you in the morning! Night Ronnie.", I waved him goodbye and headed straight to my bed. I didn't even bother to take off my clothes, I just fell onto the bed and drifted into sleep.

Couple hours later...

I woke up to hear what sounds like a little girl giggling but I'm probably just being paranoid. I stretched my arms out and found myself checking my phone to see the time. 4:27AM. I hear that same giggle. Okay this feels like some type of scary shit that would be in a scary movie. I grabbed my gun from the night stand and slightly opened my door and seen a light coming down from the hallway. Thats odd before I slept all the lights were turned off. I walked silently towards the doorway where the light was coming from and felt someone tap my shoulder, I quickly turned behind and seen it was Dean who also had his weapon out. He signaled me to continue as I nodded my head and walked near the doorway to hear familiar voices. It sounded like....

"Lin?", I say aloud as I find her eating on top of the kitchen counter. She smiles and waves to me as I stand there dumbfounded. Dean points his gun to a man cooking who has his back towards us. The unknown man continues to cook not bothered by us at all.

"STOP NOW OR I WILL SHOOT!", Dean yells as I lift Lin off the counter and shielded her behind me. The man chuckles and turns around with his hands up.

"I can always make more if thats what you're yelling about.", Our old Captain of the Prometheus says and smiles.

"Wh-what are you doing here? Are you here for-", Dean says while aiming at Xavier our former Captain.

"Relax. Thats behind me now.", Xavier says and continues back to cooking. I look at Dean telling him to put his gun away. He does so but eyes him up and down not trusting him.

"Lin sweetie what are you doing here?", I ask her noticing shes wearing her pajamas still.

"I came here with my Daddy.", Lin says pointing at Xavier. I snapped my back up to Xavier and tried to compare the two.

"What!? N-no way he isn't your father. Your mother-", Dean stops and sees our Captain Xavier give him an angry glare.

"Don't! Don't say another word or you'll regret it!", He says calmly turning off the stove and setting two plates of what looks like chicken fried rice. Dean scoffs and I sit down next to Lin accepting the food he had made.

"Isn't Susanna gonna worry about you missing?", I ask Lin.

"Daddy wanted me to meet his friends!!", Lin says and I slightly choked on the food. I wouldn't say we're friends still or if I recall he did betray us long ago. I smiled and looked at Xavier who looked at Lin adoring her as she ate. Dean chuckles and folds his arms.

"Who cooks in the middle of the night?", Walks in none other than a sleepy Zoe with her pink robe on rubbing her eyes. We all turn our heads and seen she has her eyes set on Xavier. She slides her hand in her robe possibly going for a hidden knife until Lin speaks up.

"I like your robe! My favorite color is pink!", Lin says and Zoe stood there frozen and confused.

"Ummmmm you guys! Why is Uncle Wu's niece here?", Zoe says asking.

" This is Zoe, Lin! She can do all kinds of tricks with knives. Once, she sliced an apple mid air cutting it in four halves! That man there who looks a bit on edge there is Dean. Dean is a survivor. Dean was lost in a dessert and he ended up running out food and water and you know what he did? He walked for a day and a half in the hot sandy dessert until we found him eating a scorpion. And Catía... shes a young and fierce-less girl when I met her. You know she beat up 3 bad guys who were beating me unconscious?", Xavier says smiling at us and back to his daughter Lin. I think I see the comparison she has his smile and dark brown eyes. Xavier rarely smiled when he was our Captain but now that I see it she is his daughter.

"I'm tired. Can I go home now?", Lin yawns and rubs her eyes leaning against me.

"I'll take her. You stay here and brief us when I get back. We can't risk you getting caught.", I said to Xavier. He seems hesitant at first and lifts up Lin who immediately falls asleep on his shoulder.

"Look, I trust you will safely get her back. Please, shes all I have left.", Xavier says carrying her as he followed me to the SUV. Dean hops in the drivers seat as I carry Lin into the backseat cradling her.

"I'll drive you guys.", Dean says buckling up. Xavier kisses Lin on the forehead and closes the door.

"We'll deliver her back safely, you have our word.", I say to Xavier before driving off.

"Soooo where to?", Dean says looking at me through the rear mirror. I gotta make a call. I began calling a number I never thought I would call. First call went straight to voicemail. After about the third call it finally went through.

".......", Silence went on for what felt like forever. I decided to speak first.

"We need to talk...in person.", I said. It felt awkward saying that to someone who I've been trying to avoid for the longest.

"I told you I don't-", I cut her off.

"Please... Its important.", I say pleading.

"I'm not in the mood right now and I can't stop you...but you can try. The security here have doubled, Rottweilers and bloodhounds are all over the place and they're all on 24/7 watch at all times. You get passed them then we'll talk.", She says and I felt like this was a test or something.

"I'll see you in a few...", I say. She hung up the phone without saying bye. For some reason a grin slowly start to form on my face.

AUTHORS NOTE📝

New Year New Me😂  I get it if you want to stop following the story due to the long overdue updates/chapters then go right on ahead and stop reading this! No hard feelings at all🤗 But to my OG followers ya'll the real MVP🤟🏼 I got somethin' cookin' up after this chapter! Stay tune!🥴

•Nick comes from a Italian family who are none other than Luchesse family part of the Italian Mafia. What is his dad up to now?

•What is Xavier's story with Lin and her mother?

•Will Catía make it pass Susanna's heavily guarded home?