33 | The End I Feared

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I mean how else would a brat like him be in a firm like this? I'm sure he hasn't even completed his graduation. But anyway no matter what or how. Doesn't change the fact that I still have to put up with his ass.

Even though I'm rich enough to go to way more popular firms than this with my-yet-not-my money, I wouldn't. My parents had already invested a lot in my education and I do not want anything more from them. Hence I wanted to do this on my own. And considering that in mind I wouldn't really want to mess with my newly found workplaces.

As long as I can ignore him.

"You're really being difficult now, chica. Since you don't really seem to be in the greatest of moods today then how about we go out on Saturday?"

Oh, Chuck with the persistence!

"I'm having a headache this, weekend."

He looked at me like had grown to head as he let out a confused 'what?' which to my surprise seemed to be the funniest thing ever as everyone around started laughing. This time loud. We had been sitting in the conference even after the meeting had ended. Why? Because we like being dummies.

I looked at my watch again and this time my heart skipped a beat the moment I realized that it was finally time to leave! Doing a happy dance in my head I quickly grabbed my stuff before rushing out of the room.

God.

Even though ever since I joined the DD Law Firm, the conference was one of my most favorite places here considering the beauty it was embarked with. But look at me now? Running away from it because of the headache I had beside me.

I so damn curse the only day I was late and was the one left with absolutely no other option apart from Bruce freakin Lee.

Can't believe that it's actually his name. Like the real name.

I could hear him call me from behind but of course, I didn't acknowledge it. Instead, I increased my pace as fast as my heels allowed me to, randomly greeting some of my colleagues on what seemed like the longest way to my table.

"Well well well, let me guess. It's Lee again isn't he?" Nausheen said, grinning at me like a chicken.

I would've asked her about what she's doing here rather than being in her cabin because clearly the table beside mine wasn't hers, but again Becky was absent today.

Nausheen had joined the DD Law Firm way before I did and was definitely on a post higher than mine, plus she's amazing at her work too.

I sighed.

"I'll shave my head, willingly, if it isn't," I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Well. You can't always just blame the poor guy when it's you who comes up looking like a bomb in formals."

I just cringed at her words.

"First. I don't wear formals because I like to. I mean I do but whatever. I wear them because I have to. There's a difference, Ahmed."

She just shrugged. "What's with the all-white though? I thought you hated white."

She said, as a matter of fact, to which I nodded.

"Um-hm. I do. But it was a suit mom gifted me on my birthday last year, so I thought why not just wear it this time."