The pain was too much to bear. I couldn't go on without her, I had chosen to make the people that hurt her suffer instead.

Even if it meant losing everything, including Hope, that was what a true promise was. When you're willing to lay everything down to fulfil it, that's a true promise.

Hope would never understand why I was doing it but if I didn't my mental health would collapse. I had been holding back so much and now I didn't have to hold anything back.

I would miss Hope, that was certain. But the pain would one day fade, or rather, subside. Because I needed her to understand me because I was drowning in all the mistakes I had made. If I didn't avenge her I had no reason to keep on going without her. But Mel was selfless, she would want one of us to live and fulfil each other's dreams.

Her dream of staring in a lead TV series was gone. If I could never see her again then I would make sure she would be in peace.

I sighed, I could only pray that one day Hope would realise why I could never come back to her. Because I needed to disappear for as long as possible.

And I only believed that she would wait.

••

Aiden looked at me softly when we got to the airport. "You okay, Lil sis?" I nodded slowly hoping my facade would last a bit longer. At least till I got on board.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I giggled softly and he grinned then threw an arm around me, I sucked in a breath.

"You better fake a new smile, Fay," for the first time I hadn't been too jumpy at the nickname he had given me. "You suck at faking." I looked up at him to see a well-placed smile on his face, if I didn't know him as well as I did I would believe it was real.

He was faking too, for my sake.

My eyes welled up with tears. "I feel like I'm drowning, but I'm trying to make it better, Aiden," I admitted and his eyes softened and his fake smile turned to a sympathetic one.

He opened his mouth to say something but Chase cut him off when he came back with our drinks. He passed me an iced tea and kissed my forehead. "Let's go in?"

"Where's Hugo?" I asked when we worked together to pull my things out of the trunk.

Aiden and Chase looked at each other and Chase sighed. "Hugo isn't too good at faking." He simply told me and I understand immediately.

He wasn't okay but unlike me, he wasn't trying to hide it like I was. He was being him and I bit my lips to focus myself on anything else.

"But he'll come before I leave right?" I asked my voice a bit too frantic.

"I'd kill him if he doesn't," was Aiden's reply. My stomach dropped but I didn't reply to him, I couldn't even look him in the eye.

"I'm going in, chin up, drink your tea," Aiden reminded me and patted my head making me feel like a child again. He left soon with my things and Chase threw an arm around my shoulder. I tensed up but soon relaxed to his touch.

"Hugo asked me to tell you that even if he couldn't make it that he loved you and that he'll find a way to make it up to you—"

"But it's hurting him too much to come out now," I finished what I assumed were my brother's words. He nodded.

Hugo and I may have not always gotten along but there was the sibling love that I wasn't sure was ever going to die.

I took a large gulp out of my iced tea. It was going to be a long flight and I needed to be prepared for everything that was going to happen when I landed on New York soil.

The paparazzi, my parents, the press, more articles, more trolls, Melody's parents, the court case. . . Everything.

Chase and I were walking into the airport when I looked behind my shoulder to kiss the beautiful town goodbye but instead my eyes locked with a familiar pair of hazel ones.

It was just one wave I had received but it was enough to keep me going as I broke eye contact with the prettiest pair of hazel eyes I had ever seen.

I wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

••

I can't believe it's over. Apart of me wants to cry that I'm marking this book complete and ending Hope and Faith's story but another part of me just wants to celebrate finishing my first book.

I want to thank you all for being on both Hope and Faith's journey because it wasn't an easy one to write. I have to admit that I have learnt quite a few things. I've learnt things from this book, the characters, their journeys, character development and most importantly their friendship.

So thank you for being a part of the Hope, Faith and Melody saga. I'm so going to miss this book lol.

Honestly, I wrote this book because I realised that Wattpad mostly promotes romance and barely gives room for friendship, it's hard because the strongest type of love is gotten from friends and family.

If you've learnt anything from this book just comment on it here! I'll love to read it! Any review for it? Drop it here!

Special thanks to thefutureunheard and littledifferent0 for reading and commenting, lots of love!

And for the last time, I'm offering you loads of sugar, cookies and KitKat's specially from both Hope and Faith.

~Mimi x