FIVE.

ALL I WANT.
act one―bastards & peace

    IT'S ONE THING TO HAVE YOUR EX-BOYFRIEND STARE AT YOU— while the only garment of clothing you're wearing is a towel, but it's another thing to meet the person that could be the very means to end your life

    As much as Ophelia didn't want to take heed to Finnick's words, the idea of staying alive for the next games did sound like a reassuring promise. There was nothing that she longed for other than another day —just one more day. So maybe that's why she met her ex-boyfriend outside of her quarters, maybe that's why they ventured together at his proposal of living through the next games. And maybe that's why she was relieved she met the inside man that would free them from the games himself. The Gamekeeper.

    It was a brief but wildly put together plan based on one person, Katniss Everdeen. She didn't bother to see the faces that would be assisting her in terms of survival. There was an objective, there was a goal and if they stuck to the plan, each of them would get another day to live. And that's all that Ophelia was asking for.

    Her heart swelled inside of her chest as she took deep breathes as she stood beside her ex-boyfriend. Even though Enobaria would probably hate the idea of her going out and stirring up trouble, Ophelia dared to take the risk —no matter what the price was. Even though his words recited in her head came as a comfort, his plan itself was dangerous already.

Then again, the games were already dangerous as it was. What better way to fight fire with fire and save those that are in the middle of it all. So why did Ophelia feel the same uneasy rush stir inside of her body? The sweaty, clammy palms, the deep and rushed breathing, her eyes were going in and out of focus the more she remained in that elevator with Finnick Odair, regardless that the secretive meeting had already come to an end.

"Hey, it's going to be okay," his voice was as smooth as honey as Finnick took one of her hands into his, his gentle fingertips stroking the back of her palm as he tried to help steady her breathing. Even though he had separated himself from Ophelia, the fact that he still recalled the moments when he would wake up from bed to comfort her touched a tender core in his heart. But he could never stop caring.

She tried to refrain her eyes from spilling the crystal tears that would roll down her face, yet all was not so. Memories tossed themselves into her mind as if a wave had sent them crashing for her to crumble. Here she had hoped she would find reassurance, only to come out crumbling faster than she was able to build herself up together. Finnick's voice echoed in the distance as if the waves of agony were trying to block his promise of peace away from her mind.

Closing her eyes so hard Ophelia tried to muster every ounce of her body to repel the waves of chaos that were overtaking her mind, to no avail. She felt her left hand being the only means to tame her from this chaotic mess while his voice was distant with every second. She pleaded with herself to look deep into her heart, to try to find the calm beneath the storm.