Part 39

Joong

The culprit had been found. The security team managed to grab him while leaving the facility. In total, not one, but three people were tasked to do the deed, one of them was the janitor in the facility, that kept giving the information to the officer on payment basis. He was the one who told about the recent dispute, that made the officer assumed that I had cut ties with Jay after the scuffle. Two of them were found at different places; one was pretending to be a male nurse that would change the IV drips with a drug solution, killing Por slowly as if he was having a heart failure instead. The other one was grabbed at Jay's house, waiting to attack Mae if Jay decided to fight back. The officer that was at his wit end to save himself, poured out all information in exchange to not be killed. All were taken to a trusted crime investigation team, which had an established connection with the security team that was hired. 

I maintained the security team in place, in case some higher authority got news of the capture and planned another slick attack on everyone involved. I walked into the room, locked the door, and saw Jay who didn't even turn to see the intruder; meaning he already decided to resign himself to an ending. He just sat there, holding Por's hand without a care for anything else. Liked he said, if this was the end, all he wanted to do was to be with his father. I was supposed to be understanding, to sooth him and said everything was alright. Instead, I felt deep anger that caused me to snag the lifeless Jay's shirt and pulled him up to face me. Jay's eyes were dead. 

"You dare to hide anything from me again, don't blame me if I tracked you again! What in the hell were you thinking, Jayadee?! You shouldn't have endangered both your life and Por's life that way, ever again! My debt to your father, has not even been paid a single shilling at all, yet you wanted to add to the already huge guilt in my soul? How many times must I be the cause of your family's grief, Jay? You wanted to leave me, it's fine, I am not worth your care, but how about Mae? How could you let her be alone?! Even thinking about it, make me want to punch you so bad!". 

"Then...punch me...", Jay said, pushing my hand away, "you are not worth my care? Am I not your brother? You told Por on his birthday too. Who wanted to die, Joong? Nobody wanted to die before his due time. But, I had already pushed the deadline once, and fate was not so kind to give it for free. My Por's life was taken as an exchange. I'm not blaming you, I just stated it as it is. People don't have nine lives liked a cat, so it won't be any different now, than that day more than six years ago, when actually, the moment I closed my eyes, I had resolved to die, and yet.. didn't". 

"You wanted to die so badly? Alright...I'll give you a taste of pain first, and see if you could stand more than this...", I punched his body almost liked in an actual fight. I wanted him to feel how hurtful it was, when once, a long time ago, I had the same mentality as him, viewing life with so little care, because I had nothing, except an empty soul. The difference of how I was, and Jay right now; I had no one to stop me from deteriorating, but Jay...had me, Nine, Mae and Por. I wanted him to feel hurt not just on the physical, but also inside, to realize the absurdity of his logic in this situation. Jay staggered, and was shocked at the intensity of my punch. He only started to fight back, when my third punch causing him to fall. This was not a mere scuffle. This was almost liked an endurance test. 

The heavy knockings on the door was deaf to both our ears, yet...a small croaking voice, frozen us...cold, "St...stop...", we looked at each other and looked at the bed, thinking that we had lost our mind, "Ja...ya...dee...Ar...chen...d..don't....fig...ht", it took a bit longer to finish the simple words; yet the partially opened eyes, and the hand that's shaking, trying to reach out, was not an imagination. Jay let me go and immediately rushed to the bed; kissing and hugging his Por, crying his heart out liked a child. And I, kneeling on the floor, lowered my head down and crying quietly too in repentance, but, for the first time, breathing out was easy, feeling a huge relief, after so long.  Finally, the heavy boulder that I felt on my shoulder in all these years, was lifted away.

The medical team that managed to find the security and opened up the door; were a bit confuse at first; thinking that a death had occurred when looking at the scene in front of them, but eventually realizing how it really was, when seeing the patient's hand moved with difficulties, to hug his crying son. They urgently shook the confusion off from their mind,  and assigned staff to treat three people who needed medical attention, at the same time. 

BruteOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara