𝟹𝟷. ᴛᴜᴛᴏʀɪɴɢ

word count: 1047

The teacher is handing out the marked tests while I nervously click with my pen. I just really hope I have a good grade for this test. My mom would kill me if I got less then 65 percent. I see the girl in front of me turn around and hand me a sheet of paper.
"(Y/n) (Y/l/n), right? I think this is yours. You did great!"
I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding. I look down at my sheet and see a big '8/10' in red. Oh my god, yes! Thankfully math is one of my better subjects, and our teacher is really great.
I hear the boy behind me whine and turn around. "What did you get?"
"Four out of ten." He says, looking a little mad. I get it. It's not fun to get back bad grades.
"What did you get?" He asks.
"Eight out of ten." I say. "It's not a big deal."
"Damnit." He says.

At the end of the class the teacher calls me to his desk, as well as the boy who sits behind me, who's name I don't know.
"JJ, (y/n)", this is about your tests."
Ah, now I know his name. "Is there anything wrong?" I ask.
"Please say that you switched them up and I got the eight out of ten." He mumbles.
"Unfortunately for you, no." The teacher says. "I was thinking that (y/n) could tutor you, help you get a better grade next time."
"What?" We both say.

"Well, here we are." I say when JJ and I walk up my drive way.

The teacher was pretty determined about me having to tutor JJ, so two days later JJ and I agreed to meet up after school at my house. I live at the end of the cut, close to figure eight, making me more of a kook than a pogue.

"Shit man, you guys are rich." He says. "No wonder you get all these good grades. My guess is you bribe the teachers with money."
I raise an eyebrow. That's not really a nice assumption to make.
We decide to study in my room, considering my brother was downstairs, and I already know he's going to tease me about having 'a boy-visitor'.
We spend a while with me explaining something to JJ and him saying 'huh?'
But it's fine. Most of the time he's pretty okay, and not being a jerk, like most people think he is.
While we were taking a break from studying, JJ walks around my room a little bit while i check my messages.
"Did you alphabetically arrange your books?" He asks.
"Actually," I say, "I did. At first I wanted to arrange it chronological but then I thought, what if i can't figure out from what year a book is? So I did it like this."
He smirks. "You're such a nerd."

Two weeks go by and we spend three days a week studying together. But not tonight. Tonight there's a party at the boneyard and my friend Sarah asked me to come with her to the party, together with some of her friends. I'm normally not someone who's that into partying but I also figured that sometimes I have to get out of my comfort zone.

I offer to get us some bears. I walk up to the guy with brown hair with the keg.
"Hey! Can I get four beers? I ask.
I see a blonde boy turn around, and then I see it's JJ.
"(Y/n)? Hey! What are you doing here?" He asks, while the boy with brown hair, I think his name is John, keeps pouring some beers for me.
"I came with some friends." I say.
"Cool. I'm happy to see you."
"Uhh," the John guy interrupts, "How do you guys know each other?" 
"She is the girl I told you about, who tutors me. (Y/n), this John B."
"Oh, right." John B says. "The one you referred to as 'the cute tutor girl'."
JJ just laughs awkwardly.

"(Y/n)!" Sarah and her brother come over, looking for me. Probably wondering why it takes me so long to get a beer.
"Hey." I say.
"What are you doing with these guys?" Rafe asks.
"Oh, guys, this is JJ, and this is John B." I introduce them.
"I know who they are," Rafe says, "I was just wondering why you where hanging out with them."
I look at him weirdly. Why is he so mad?
"(Y/n), we should better go." Sarah says.
"Yeah, come on." Rafe grabs my arm.
"Wait." I say. "Why can't I just hang out with him?" I point at JJ.
"Why would you?" Rafe asks "He's a douch."
"Heyy man, calm down." JJ says, receiving a dirty look from Rafe.
"Rafe, you're a bigger douch. So now, just leave me alone, 'cause I'm going to hangout with them."

"Wow. That was kinda hot." JJ says, after Rafe and Sarah left us alone. "You're not like them, huh?"
"What do you mean by that?" I ask.
"Well, you don't care about status, or if someone's a pogue or a kook."
"Are you kidding me? Why would that bother me. You are just JJ."
"Oh my god. I never thought words like that would turn me on so much." He winks.
"Shut up." I say, slapping him jokingly.
For a second he leans in, and before I know it, his lips touch mine. At first I freak out, but JJ is so gently, it makes me feel comfortable.
After a while, we pull away, and he smirks.
"You wanna ditch this party?" He asks, and I just nod.

a/n: hey guys! i'm so sorry it took me so long to upload. it's literally been two months or something? anyways, i was super busy with school, but now our country is going into a heavy lockdown, again. and the holidays are coming up, of course. so i'll have all of the time in the world to write some more! i hope you enjoyed this.
oh, and by the way, i'm thinking about changing my username, so if everything's different all of the sudden, it's still me!