Chapter 22

“Hu Feng! Come out.”

Listening to Wei Wuxian, he appeared in front of him, a devious smile on his face made Wei Wuxian want to slap it off. “Now, now don’t be so desperate to see me Wei, if your man heard he’d begin drinking vinager.” Hu Feng wanted to get under his skin and see if JianYu would appear before him.

“Wha-”

“I told you to come out but I can’t see you.” Hu Feng could feel his eye twitch in irritation as he saw Wei Wuxian look around just above his head. “You-!”

Irritated he hurled a punch onto his stomach causing him to cough out blood.

“Bastard, keep running your mouth and it won’t stop at a single punch.” With a pained chuckle he lifted his body back up and smirked. “That’s all? I’ve gone through worse, that measly punch didn’t feel like anything.”

While Hu Feng started speaking nonsense he focused his attention on summoning a weapon to his hands that could help him at this moment.

“You’re not even listening, what’s even the point of talking to you if you’re not even going to listen.” With a wave of his hand Wei Wuxian was sent flying into the wall behind him and collapsed onto the ground.

 Feeling the hilt of a sword in his hand he stood up and wiped the blood from his mouth. “Hu Feng that’s a rude way to treat the body you oh so want.” Unsheathing the sword he pointed it at Hu Feng and bared his teeth in an annoyed smirk. “Come”

Hu Feng pulled out the black sword that had previously been used when they were battling the masked man in Lotus Pier, which had also been Meng Yao. With fast strides the two swords clashed against each other before both were perpaled back. If a normal person was watching the two they would only be able to see the sparks of the swords clashing and flashes of black and red.

“You’re better than I expected seeing as you hadn’t used a sword in a while without a golden core.” 

With a clenched jaw Wei Wuxian took the slight opening to stab the sword at his abdomen, which was barely dodged. “Ho~ so your past is your weakness I see.”

“Shut it.”

“I remember back then you were blamed for the deaths of your family-”

“I said shut it.”

Seeing him flare in anger Hu Feng took his anger to his advantage and landed a few stabs. The red blood dripped down his arms and sides, even down his cheek where he hadn't been able to dodge the sword. Yet Wei Wuxian being angered meant he wasn’t able to notice the resentful energy entering his body.

“Right after you died you came back and watched what happened to the one who loves you the most, every whip mark was your fault.”

“Shut up!”

“Everyone who loved and cared for you died and it’s all your fault!”

His eyes flashed red in rage before he felt his body go heavy. ‘What’s going on?’ Panicked he tried to lift himself up but his body wouldn’t listen to him. “Every time my sword cut into your body more resentful energy went into your body, but the moment your rage went out of control the demonic energy poured into you at a faster rate causing your body to be unable to bear it.”

With a dark chuckle he kicked him up hard enough to have him crashing through the wall breaking the barrier he had created and allowed the twins to appear. 

The both stood in front of him in a defensive pose before launching themselves at them allowing this chance for JianYu to cleans Wei Wuxian’s body from the resentful energy.