Chapter Nine: Clipped Wings

As Snow, Ice, and I fled from the ruins with the nether army chasing after us. A fireball flew past Snow, who was a few feet in front of me, missing by mere inches.

"Hey!" She glanced down at the edge of her dress which had been set light from the fireball. "No no no!" She tried to pat the fire out. "This is my only dress since you jerks burned the rest into ashes."

"Snow I don't think that matters right now." Ice said as he dodged out of the way of an arrow. "We kinda have to run so we don't get turned into ashes."

"Riiight."

"Sister dear, you have seriously messed up priorities."

I was starting to question how well they worked together as a family. "Uh... guys, fight later. Run now." Maybe I should've taken my own advice. As soon as I finished my sentence an arrow flew through the air, and lodged itself in my shoulder through the base of my wing.

"Ow!" I stumbled forward, gritting my teeth. "Not good."

"Huh?" Snow turned around. "Oh my gosh, are you ok."

"I... um..." The pain was overwhelming and I couldn't think strait. "I..." The edges of my vision were growing dark.

"Ice get over here." Snow wrapped her arms around mine and lifted me to my feet. "We've gotta help her."

"Snow I told you before, it's her or us. I'd like to make it out of here." Gee thanks Ice, I'll remember that one.

"Ice, get over here or I'm not moving."

"Fine, but it's not my fault if we get burned." He grabbed my other arm. "Let's go."

The darkness began to close in and everything went dark.

========================

"Holly crap!" Teleporting via Ender Pearl normally isn't very exiting if not a little painful. Teleporting via Ender Pearl on this messed up server is like getting shot out of a cannon at mock ten, not that I've done that before. "This is crazy!"

"Whyyy meee!" Seems like Sapphire was having fun. "Ocelots aren't meant to fly!" Can't argue with that, though if she's so much like an ocelot she won't break her legs if she falls. We might not want to test that, but by how fast were going it looks like we might.

"We're coming in!" I barely heard Makenzie's words over the air rushing past my head. "Brace yourselves."

Brace myself? How do I brace myself for braking my legs on impact? Turns our I didn't have to worry about it. The landing was just as brief as the take off.

"That it?" I looked around, we'd landed in the forest, hopefully far way from the ruins and the freaking Blazes.

"Is that it?" Sapphire raised an eyebrow. "We just got shot through the sky and that's all you have to say?"

"Yes that's all I have to say. You gotta problem with that?"

"Uh... guys, we might want to set up camp and wait for Violet." Makenzie said as she opened up a rift in the world, how does that even work? "Beside," She placed her hand on her head. "I'm wiped after that."

Right, Violet. Suddenly I felt like the biggest jerk for leaving her up there. Yeah, that wasn't my best idea.

"Hello? Earth to Benz." Makenzie waved a hand in my face. "Anyone there? Cause it wouldn't hurt to lend a hand."

"Huh? Oh right, what do you need me to... oof!" Makenzie tossed a sleeping bag towards me. "Ok, I'll set up the sleeping bags. Wait where are we even setting up? Everything's covered in snow."