𝗑𝗑𝗂𝗂𝗂. 𝗐𝖺𝗋𝗆 𝖼𝗈𝗈𝗄𝗂𝖾𝗌 & 𝖽𝗈𝗋𝗆 𝗁𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗐𝖺𝗒𝗌

𝘅𝘅𝗶𝗶𝗶. 𝖿𝖺𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗉𝗈𝗅𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗂𝖽𝗌: 𝗐𝖺𝗋𝗆 𝖼𝗈𝗈𝗄𝗂𝖾𝗌 & 𝖽𝗈𝗋𝗆 𝗁𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗐𝖺𝗒𝗌
"don't interrupt me banks, i'm not done talking"

 𝖿𝖺𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗉𝗈𝗅𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗂𝖽𝗌: 𝗐𝖺𝗋𝗆 𝖼𝗈𝗈𝗄𝗂𝖾𝗌 & 𝖽𝗈𝗋𝗆 𝗁𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗐𝖺𝗒𝗌"don't interrupt me banks, i'm not done talking"

WE SAT THERE for ten minutes in silence, watching as the cookies formed and baked. I personally didn't know why Dean said that they needed to cook for fifteen minutes because originally I thought that they were only to bake for about ten minutes, but when I asked about it he insisted on it. By keeping it in longer, everything was sure to be cooked and it would come out chewy?

I welcomed the quiet as an old friend, mainly because it's something I would find myself constantly surrounded by. Of course, it wasn't completely silent for me, I was painfully aware of almost every noise around me. The steady breathing coming from Dean, the slight whirring coming from the refrigerator, footsteps from another room, the never-ending music playing in the back of my mind. There was something playing on the tv in the other room, the fake laughter from the show echoing into the kitchen.

I strained to see the screen above the stove, checking the time. It read 8:47pm, meaning that the day had flown by before I even realized it. With a sigh, I returned to my position of my head on Dean's shoulder as we waited for the beeping of the timer to go off. Time is something that works against you if you are waiting for a certain amount of minutes to pass, doesn't it?

"What's your sister's name?" I asked quietly, readjusting slightly to look up at him for his answer. A look of wistfulness glazed over his eyes as he peered down at me briefly before returning his gaze to the over door.

"Emily. We just call her Em though." I nodded sparingly, my mind wandering to my own family back in Edina.

I hadn't really talked to my parents in the past few weeks, There weren't any times that had worked for all of us to call due to multiple things. The time difference between Minnesota and California and just trying to find a time when we are all not busy, me with skating or exploring and them with work.

Though, they would definitely find out half the things that have happened because I know that I wrote them down in my notebook. By now that thing was nearly full, just from the amount of content I put into it as the month in California passed by.

"What's she like? Also, if I'm asking too many questions-which I probably am-you don't have to answer them."

"I think you'd get along with her. She's bubbly and the complete opposite of me really. She's super kind, but she doesn't take shit from anyone, kind of reminds me of you. But Em's one of the most important people in the world to me, no matter how much she gets on my nerves." Dean had a warm smile on his face and a distant look in his eyes. It was short and sweet, but I could tell how much how much he cared for Emily.