[𝟐𝟒] 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐚𝐢𝐫

Začít od začátku

"Hm?"

When I turn to him, he smashes his lips to mine. For a moment, I give in to it, I kiss him back. But then when I go to push him off, he books it for the door.

"Samuel!" I screech. "Samuel-fucking-Winters, I'm going to kill you!"

❛❜

After he kissed me, I was going to chase after him and murder him but decided against it. It's not like I didn't want to. Because trust me, I did. But my schedule is tight and I had to get going.

I ended up finishing everything I had to do for today. Well, except for studying with Tatum. But I did study with Ray and Annie. Easton had practice for baseball and I had practice for eating soon. Meaning it was also time to call Sam so we could eat together.

I'm torn between actually calling him or ignoring him. But the moment Annie places the plate of food in front of me, I know I'll need moral support.

I reach for my phone on the counter and start to scroll through my contacts, which consist of about twelve people, four of which I no longer speak to. Before I can press the little button to call him, my phone rings with his name flashing at the top of the screen.

Me, being the simp I am, immediately answer. Why am I a simp, you may ask? Because the reason I answered may or may not have been because I missed his eyes. And his smile. God, his smile. And his dimple.

Dear lord, he wears his single dimple better than I wear the two of mine. Which I'm not sure I even wear mine well, so now I'm not too sure that was all that well of a comparison.

"Helloooo, my love." He grins when I answer. He says it every time he calls me or when I call him. And usually, I don't mind, it doesn't bother me or make me really feel anything. But now that he says it after the laundry mat kiss, it makes my tummy flip.

His shoulders are naked and his hairs wet so I'm guessing his shoulders aren't the only naked thing-

Stop saying naked.

Naked.

Nakedddd.

Nakkkkedddd.

NAKED.

"Uh, yeah, I just got out of the shower." He scratches the back of his neck, his bare arm flexing. What is wrong with me and why am I so hyperaware of everything going on with him right now?

Also, did I say that out loud?

"Yeah, you kind of did." He chuckles, bringing me back to reality.

"Sorry," I say sheepishly, my cheeks suddenly feeling warm.

"No worries." Then there's just an awkward pause. But luckily, I'm datin- I'm friends with the least awkward person there is. "So, whatcha eatin'?"

When I'm about to answer, I notice that he's moved from the phone. Meaning, his abs- wait, when did he get those- are on full display and so is the top of his towel.

"Uh, I'm going to head to my room," I tell Annie, leaning over the counter to hug her, and whisper a thank you in her ear.

When we get to my room, Sam says, "That bad, huh?"

"Not really, the food looks good but it's just kind of..." I sigh. "Lately nothing's been appetizing to the point where it feels like I never went to rehab. But maybe it's the..."

Shit. I still haven't told anyone I'm taking my anxiety medication again besides Ray who pretty much thinks I told anyone.

"The what?" His voice cuts through my thoughts.