1) The Entrance Exam

Katsumi was playing in the park near her house. By playing, I mean perched in a tree watching a group of kids chasing each other through the jungle of the playground, and I mean literally when I say perched in a tree. As a squirrel. Her quirk made it easy to fall into the loneliness of not having any friends, as she understood animals better than she could understand people.

Not that she did anything weird, like sniffing butts or burying bones, but she always thought humans were way more complex than any animal ever could be. She had already gone the first six years of her life without making any real friends.....well....any human friends, until today. The kids decided to play a new game, she watched with curiosity as they picked one girl to count with her eyes covered and the rest took off in separate directions. They were all hiding in very obvious places, all but one boy, who was running in Katsumi's direction.

Squirrels had very weird, but keen, eyesight. And her eyes had locked on one little boy with jet black hair, who ran underneath her branch and into the small group of bushes and trees behind her. 'The only one who had any sense.' She thought, hopping from branch to branch, following him. 'He is running too fast.'

She jumped to the next tree, reaching out her arms as they changed, extending her new, larger, claws and catching the branch.

Her body curled and she lifted herself with her back feet, she nearly caught herself but her timing was off and her body wasn't adjusted to the transformation. She slipped. Luckily she was a cat and landed on her feet.

Cat eyesight was much different, she could see him better now than with her own eyes and following him was no problem, even from the ground. He had stopped and crouched in a cove of bushes, perfectly hiding him from sight. Kirishima was proud of himself for his clever hiding spot, 'Nobody will find me here.' He thought, no sooner he heard the bushes rustling behind him, followed by a low menacing growl. He froze, listening to the creature slowly get closer.

"W-who's there?" He whispered aloud, hoping he would get some reply.

Glowing golden eyes glared at him through parted leaves, and slowly they inched closer until he could see the cat fully. It was much larger than a normal house cat, with a dark leopard pattern.

I know what you're thinking, and no, it was not Katsumi, she was still watching from the bushes behind the boy.

Kirishima let out an audible whimper and the cat in front of him lunged forward with a growl. He blocked with his arm, using his quirk to protect himself, he screamed in fear, rather than pain. Katsumi dove from her hiding spot, aiming for the boy's attacker.

When she made contact the cat yowled in surprise, letting go of the boy. Katsumi rolled her into a ball, her teeth sinking into the leopard's neck. She held on until she heard the cat mewl, it writhed under Katsumi and she released her. The cat darted into the bushes, out of sight.

She turned to the boy, who was watching in surprise, he outstretched his hand to his savior and Katsumi did what a normal house cat would do and sniffed his hand before rubbing her forehead against his palm. He laughed, it was breathy and relieved, "You saved me, kitty. He would've eaten me." Kirishima certainly wasn't expecting help, especially not from a white fluffy house cat with bright blue eyes.

She changed forms and Kirishima kicked himself backwards a few feet, staring at her wide eyed, "Actually, that was a female, it was a Tsushima leopard cat. Her kittens were nearby and she was being very defensive." He was too shocked and too innocent to notice the girl who saved him wasn't wearing any clothes, he was watching her facial expression as she explained the leopard cats behavior and habitat.

"I'm Kirishima, and you're my hero!" He exclaimed, causing Katsumi to smile bashfully.

"You don't have to worry anymore, Kirishima. I am here!" She quoted her favorite hero, "I'm Katsumi."