20

⚠️ Smut and Trigger Warning. ⚠️

31st October 1996

- 3rd Person POV -

Francesca rolls out of bed and throws on her uniform. As it's Halloween, it is the anniversary of her parents death. Great, excuse to get drunk. She casts the tempus spell and "4:03am" appears suspended mid air in gold lettering.

"Uncle Moony will be awake." She mumbles, clambering out of her dorm room to see a bunch of lilies on the floor with a little card in them.

"Chesca,
I know what day it is today. Despite not being on the best of terms, I'm always here for you. You know where I am.
- DM.
P.S. I know you like wearing baggy hoodies on their anniversary so if you look up your favourite hoodie is floating there."

No matter how much she hates him, she is still wildly in love with him so this makes her sob. She takes the hoodie, his quidditch one that she always preferred to the woolly jumper, and throws it on over her uniform. The lilies gain their place on her desk and she heads to her uncles office, the tears still flowing.

"M-Morning." She cries.

"Come here cub." He opens his arms and wraps them around her shaking frame.

"D-Draco left s-some lilies a-and his h-hoodie outside m-my dorm f-for me."

"Draco did? That's sweet of him. Although, I want to know why." Remus rubs her back. She steadies her breathing and the tears slow down.

"He left this." She hands him the note.

"And how do you feel about that?" He reads it quickly.

"You saw me. I thought it was the sweetest thing in the world and I just want to bear hug him." She admits.

"What about your game? You've done something to make him jealous every day for over two years." Remus points out.

"No, I'm done with it. I need him now more than ever." She rests her head on his shoulder.

"That's true. Wrists." He eyes her suspiciously.

"They're clean." She makes no move to show him.

"No they aren't." He sighs.

"No, they aren't." She whispers.

"You know you can talk to us Cub. You don't need to do that to yourself. It breaks us to see you hurt like that. Did you clean them?" She nods against his shoulder. "Good."

"I'm sorry." She mumbles.

"It's okay but please, stop. You promised." A stern tone laces his voice.

"Okay. I'll try my best." She exhales heavily.

"Your best is all you can give." Sirius pipes up from the doorway to their quarters.

"How long have you been stood there?" Remus turns to him.

"Since she came in. You woke me up when you were getting ready." He ruffles Remus' hair, sitting on the floor and opening his arms for Chesca. She instantly moves from Remus to Sirius and settles herself with her head against his chest, nodding off to his heartbeat.

- 7:09am -

"Prongslet. Let's go get breakfast." Sirius shakes her awake.

"I don't wanna." She grumbles.

"Draco will be there." He jokes but it worked as she gets up and practically runs out of the door, crashing into Harry.

"Hey Harry." She wraps her arms around him.