Chapter 5

The next several days seem to go by pretty quickly. As the routine was school, practice, and then coming home to either play games with Kenma or go to bed. 

We were packing up the van about to head to a practice camp that Takeda set up for us. I had been getting to know everyone a little better since joining Yachi in helping them during practice. And everyone seems to accept me too which helped.

"Alright, the van is packed up! Let's get on the road!" Coach Ukai announced as we all packed inside the van.

"Hey Mika, sit," Tsukishima said gesturing to the free set in between him and Tadashi. Nodding I sat between them during the drive Tadashi and I talked while Tsukishima looked out the window listening to music. 

'Guess he's tired right now' it was pretty easy in the morning but the drive was long and we were staying at the place for a couple of days. It didn't take long into the drive for everyone to fall asleep including me. 

When we arrived at the place that the training camp was at. After unloading the van we all headed into the gym to start practicing. When we got in there all the teams from the previous training camp they had in Tokyo were also at this one.

"Hey everyone!" Dachi announced upon seeing us everyone we knew all came up and greeted us

"Mika, when did you join Karasuno's volleyball team?" Kenma asked this sent a wave of silence throughout the room

"Oh um--" 

"Mika? Mika Nori?" Kuroo asked at the same moment someone tackled me and spun me around 

"Mika!" they yelled as I spun around. I was confused as Karasuno was too at what was happening

"Wait how do you know her?!" Hinata asked

"We met through video games," Kenma said 

"I met her during a convention with Kenma," Kuroo said 

"Do you remember me Mika?" the person asked putting me down, it was Bokuto "You probably don't, it's been a while. We used to go to the same school together before you moved" Bokuto explained a small flash of a memory came to my mind. It was of me and Bokuto laughing and playing together as children. Then another quick one of Kenma, Kuroo, and I at a convention. 

'This is weird' I thought as the memories quickly went away.

"Damn why didn't you tell us, Mika?" Nishinoya asked this shocked me 

"Oh um must have slipped my mind when my head was hit," I said sheepishly 

"Alright let's play some volleyball" Dachi said holding up a volleyball. 

It was amazing to see how everyone played in real life. Right now Karasuno was against Nekoma. It was neck to neck score. Until Nekoma scored ending the game. 

"Ugh!" Karasuno's team yelled as they prepared for floor dives and hill running. While watching Karasuno, Kenma came up to me

"Oh Kenma, nice job on the win. You guys were neck and neck with them" I told him handing him a water

"Yeah I guess" he took a sip "It's tiring though. I wish I could just play video games," he said 

"I would say we could play tonight but we'll both need to rest for the rest of the came," I said before someone came up and hugged me from behind 

"Ah!" I yelled in surprise. Looking down I saw it was Bokuto "How many times are you going to do that. That's the fifth time since I've been here" I told him 

"What, unlike Kenma and Karasuno. It's been a while since I've seen or talked to you" he pouted before he sprung off me excitedly "Did you watch my practice? Wasn't I amazing!" he exclaimed I just laughed 

"Yes Bokuto, you were amazing" I responded Bokuto jumped up celebrating before running back over to his team. I just shook my head 

"Too much excitement for me" Kenma commented 

"Yeah, we can be a little much," I said. Soon the first day of camp came to an end. That night while everyone else was sleeping only, I couldn't sleep. Getting up quietly I went out and sat outside. The night was cool but not cold and quiet with only crickets and occasional cars being heard.

"Ah this is nice" I softly said looking up at the stars "I can't believe that I'm actually here. And that I know people. I would have never guessed that" I remembered how everyone reacted to seeing me here "Hm I guess it was a surprise to them" 

'I wonder who else I know in this world?' I thought of all the characters that have been introduced in the Haikyuu series so far 'Let's hope that I don't have a connection with him. That will really ruin this experience' thinking of a certain person in particular.