"I think you should start preparing for the contest, too, Jo. Let's go."
Shane suggests, and we all start heading to the backstage. Shane and Gavin walks with talking to each other while Jo moves her legs forward, looking devastated and defeated in front of me. Occasionally, she lets out deep sighs, which saddens me even more. She must have lost her confidence because of the earlier contact with Zendaya.
She need Hero right now for sure.
So I quickly look around to find Hero who went to the restroom about 10 minutes ago, getting no sign of his figure. That he's not beside her when she needs him frustrates me but no one can get out of the bathroom when they have diarrhea. Hence, I stop her by pulling her arm. She looks up at me confused but I just give her a small smile and lead her to an empty space near the stairs.

"Are you ok?"
Not wasting any second, I question her once we come to an halt.
"Y...yeah, I'm a bit nervous but I'm ok so you don't need to worry about me."
With that, she plasters a smile but it doesn't reach her eyes. She tries to care about others even when it's herself who's hurt. That's what I adore about her dearly but also what pisses me off at the same time.
I roll my eyes at her playfully and begin talking.
"Look, it's common that the heirs like Hero have fiancées since they are young so they can continue their family legacy if they can't find who they love. Therefore, it's not that Hero loves Zendaya like he does you so there's no need to feel insecure."
Hearing what I said, half of her worries disappears with a sigh of relief. Nonetheless, I don't carry on to wash the other half of her anxieties away.
"Plus, he loves you because he found something special in you and that is something no one else has. So all you have to do to win in the TOW is to be yourself. Everyone falls in love with you if only you are just who you are since you could make that Hero Fiennes Tiffin head over heals for you, Jo. Who else is compatible with you?"
She chuckles at the last part of my speech though all of my words were sincere.
"Now, hold your head up high and show the world that you're the best."
She laughs again but I can see she regained her confidence at this point.
"Alright. I'm gonna beat their assets and prove myself to that evil queen of Hero's mother. Thank you, Ross."
Saying so, she hurries to the dressing room after flashing the bright smile that can light up the whole city.

"You are the best, Jo."
I mumble to myself while seeing her tiny disappears from my sight, meaning more than the words themselves do.

————

Hero

I finally come back from unconsciousness but am greeted with a complete darkness. Soon, I figure out my eyes are covered with an eye mask and mouth is sealed with packing tape whilst my hands and feet are tied with ropes so I can never move freely. Whoever the fucker who did this to me knows me well.
Judging from the movement I feel beneath my laid body, I think I'm carried to somewhere.

I need to get out of here.
I try to scream and move my body furiously but my shouts are muffled and my movements are too restrained to do something to escape. Fuck!!!
A few minutes of my attempt later, however, the bed I was forced to be on stops and the annoying cloth that deprived me of my eyesight is removed. It takes for me a few blinks to adjust the light around me but then I find someone I know too damn well sitting behind the mahogany desk with a wicked smirk which ignited a fire of anger inside me.
"Hello, son."
The woman shaped devil speaks.
"What the fuck do you want from me, huh?"
I bark at her like a wild animal that was caught in a gauge I am.
She coldly eyes me and stands up from her seat, coming closer. Her high heels make obnoxious sounds as she walks.
"I want to talk with you, Hero. Or should I say, 'negotiate'?"
"Oh, that's why you kidnapped me like this. That makes perfect sense."
Sarcastically I yell at her, but she doesn't even blink and just stare at me with a sly smile. I don't like this at all.

"I need to tie you up because the negotiation we're going to make will probably upset you."
She says and I immediately sense this will be about Langford. I gulp my nonexistent saliva.
Then, she notices my nervousness and her eyes shine darker.
"Before I tell you what my suggestion is, you need to promise that you will keep your word. Otherwise, I will destroy both of you. Am I understood?"
I know my mother and she doesn't fail to accomplish what she determines at all costs, which means there is no other option except I agree to her terms.

"Yes."
I helplessly blurt out, showing all the hatred I have.

🌻A. N. 🌻

Thank you for reading!! Sorry I couldn't write the actual contest scenes in this chapter because it became too long😵
It's finally the contest day but another few dramas occurred before it actually starts. What do you think is Martha's "negotiation"?🤔
Stay tuned😊

Kaia Gomez🦋