Chapter 2

The following Sunday I stood on the light green grass outside of Auradon Prep.
With a smile I watched Ben and some of our classmates perform a song for the visiting parents.
Out of the corner of my eyes I saw the Vks approaching and gave them a smile as they got closer.
"Hey, (Y/N) .", Evie greeted me.
"Hey, uh... guys. I heard you're Bens girlfriend, Mal? Congratulations."
Mal just nodded.
"Mal! Come here.", Ben suddenly called and as she went over to him, Evie turned to me. Dude snuggled into her arms as she looked me up and down.
"How do you like it here? In Auradon, I mean."
I looked at her, Jay and Carlos.
The boys were going crazy at a chocolate fountain. I have to admit, the sweet sensation was really the best thing to happen to me. If my mother never teached me manners, I would probably be with them, trying to eat as much as I could.
"It's nice. I didn't even notice how much time I spend just with my mother until I came here. I'm really happy here... I just hope I'll never have to go back."
Evies smile faltered but before she could say something, we heard an old woman scream at Mal.
"Queen Leah, it's alright. That's Mal, Maleficents daughter. Remember my proclamation to give the new generation a chance?", Ben said and Queen Leah scoffed.
"A chance at what, Ben? Destroy us?"
"Leave Mal alone, please. She didn't do anything. She's not her mother!", I said and stepped in front of Mal, who gave me a small but thankful smile.
"Oh, and who would you be?", a blonde girl asked, stepping foward.
"(Y/N) Heather Hearts.", I said and looked the other girl up and down.
Her blue dress softly swayed in the wind as she begann to smirk.
"You don't know who I am, don't you?"
I shook my head.
"I'm Allie, Alices daughter. Remember how my mom defeated yours? I could do the same to you. I could cut of your head and people would thank me for getting rid of a villain like you.", Allie said, apparently satisfied with throwing the insult of a villain at their own daughter.
My eyes widened as I felt a hand pull me back.

Suddenly, I wasn't under the blue sky of Auradon anymore. Instead, I was in my mothers castle. The red walls, over and over covered with black hearts seemed so much closer, now that I actually knew what freedom felt like.
I felt so small and as I looked down, I could see a familiar red dress.
"What's that behind your back?"
My mother stood in front of me. Her face stone cold and a vicious look in her eyes, as I slowly brought out the hat Jay gave me earlier today.
"A hat! My own daughter walking around with the works of a no good hat maker? How can you... I know. That brat Mal is responsible, right?"
The Queen stepped forward, causing me to fall down and shake like a leave.
"How dare you to disrespect me like that, I could cut of your head right now and you'll never ever wear a stupid hat again!"
I screamed as mother pulled me to my feet.
"No, please mother! Don't cut of my head! I'll never misbehave again, I swear!"

I didn't notice the looks everyone gave me, as I sat sobbing on the grass at Auradon Prep. Evie and Carlos tried to talk to me, but all I could do was hold my hands over my head and repeat my pleas. I couldn't even understand what they're trying to say.
"Don't cut of my head! Please! Mother, I'm not gonna misbehave, please! I'll never talk to Mal again, but don't take my head! Please! No! No! No!"
I shivered and even Queen Belle kneeled down to try and calm me down.
Suddenly I felt my breathing sped up.
"No, no, no! That hurts, mother! Don't!"
"(Y/N), you have to calm down. You're hyperventilating. ", Carlos said.
"Listen to my breathing, (Y/N). Slow and even. Just focus on breathing."
Carlos breathed loudly, hoping I would pick up his pace.
"(Y/N)?", Evie asked, as I opened my eyes again .
"I... I'm sorry.", I whispered.
I gave Carlos a weak smile and jumped up. Allie, who apparently was standing right next to me, looking down at my sobbing figure, fell back as I suddenly bumped into her.
Her scream echoed over the courtyard and a woman with blonde hair, who looked like an older version of Allie, rushed to her side.
"Her hand! My poor baby! This girl broke her hand!"
With wide eyes I stepped forward, one hand outstretched, trying to help Allie up.
"I'm so sor..."
Alice gave me an angry look.
"Stay away from her you... you're nothing more than a villain! You belong on the isle! Not in Auradon."
Tears rushed to my eyes as I turned away and ran towards the castle that was Auradon Prep.