"All I know is that Malik is rich, he can easily fund for the money," he concluded before walking away while Michael and Laiq followed suit, Inaya stared at his retreating figure with mouth wide agape.

"Close that pit latrine," Rissa slapped her and Inaya glared at her.

"So, it's agreed, it's either you pay the $2000 in four days or you add an extra $500 to it, mind you, there's no way I won't collect it even if it's till the end of secondary school, if you keep postponing it, your interest increase."

"Wait, are you trying to tell me that phone is $2000?" Inaya asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, in case you didn't know, I use the most expensive Samsung phone, you can do your research," she concluded before walking away while Rissa and Mirabel followed her.

Inaya stared at their retreating figure before bending down, she tried calculating the money in naira while and how she would fund such ridiculous amount.

***********

Christian walked into the field with Laiq by his side, they headed towards the bleachers hoping to find an empty seats so far it seemed like everywhere had been occupied, on a normal day, the bleachers weren't always this occupied but the fact that their school was playing against Craddock school, Maple students wanted to watch the show.

Christian heard Tife's voice from the other end and he turned swiftly to the direction of the voice.

"Christian, over here," she pointed at the empty seats beside her.

"Let's go," Laiq said as he walked away quickly without waiting for Christian's response.

"Thanks for helping us," Laiq started with a smile and Tife rolled her eyes, he waved at Dera who was beside Tife and she waved in return.

"You're here to watch the football match right?" Tife queried as Christian plopped into the seat beside her.

"Obviously, you came here because of that too, we are all here because of the match," he replied and Tife nodded before turning back to the field where she saw the footballers trooping in.

"You know Mimi is amongst the school team, she's a good footballer," Tife said and Christian glanced at her before talking.

"Yeah, I know, Michael told me about it," he replied and Tife nodded.

He stared directly at the field, it wasn't hard to spot Mimi so far she was the only girl on the field, Tife turned directly to me, she stared at him for some seconds before he turned to her.

"What is it?" He queried.

"That Inaya is ..."

"I don't want to hear anything about her," he cut her short and she rolled her eyes before turning to Dera.

"He's still pained," Dera whispered into her ears and Tife chuckled, Christian scowled at Dera who quickly turned to the field, it was apparent he heard her.

The match started few minutes later and Maple students kept on cheering and shouting, their noise reduced when Craddock scored a goal.

"Oh shit!" Tife exclaimed and Christian glanced at her.

The match continued and in few minutes, Craddock scored another goal.

"Hmm, I hope this people won't end up disgracing our school sha," Dera voiced out and Tife shook her head.

"It's not possible, we are going to win," she answered firmly and Christian glanced at her.

Till the end of the first half, Maple didn't score any goal while Craddock still stayed on two.

"Michael, Craddock must not win oo," Tife warned immediately Michael appeared before them.

He smiled at her, "Don't worry."

"It's not about don't worry oo," She said and he laughed, just then Mimi walked up to them.

"Mimi, Craddock must not win oo," Tife warned and the others erupted into laughter at the way she kept on repeating the same sentence.

Mimi nodded.

"Mimi, you've got to show them your skills, you'll go back there and score a goal," Dera said and Mimi chuckled, she glanced at Christian who gave a small smile.

The second half started some minutes later, this time Maple was fully prepared, Mimi was the first to score a goal.

"Yayy!" Tife jumped up in ecstasy and Christian shook his head at her display before he noticed almost every one were jubilating like her.

The jubilation died down for some minutes before it resumed again after Michael scored a goal. Now that both schools were on the same goals, the match became hot.

"God, don't let Craddock win, they must not win," Christian heard Tife pray beside him and he laughed, his laughter was cut short but Tife and Dera's piercing scream, he turned back to the field only to realize someone else from Maple had scored another goal.

Minutes later, the competition ended with Maple being declared as the winner, Mimi had scored one more goal making the count 4-2.

"That's my girl," Tife grinned as she patted Mimi's shoulders.

"You know what? Go and shower and I'll buy something delicious for you," Dera offered and Mimi smiled before nodded to the offer, Dera and Tife led her to the bathroom and they waited till she was done before Dera fulfilled her promise.