Shopping a Change

It was a bright summer day in Switzerland and while it was mostly pleasant in the grasslands with snow on the mountaintops in the distance in stark contrast with green grass with blooming daises and wild flowers on the land. The pleasant weather didn't seem to be floating inside Sarnen-Center, one of the largest shopping mall near Ri Jung Hyuek and Yoon Se-Ri's home.

It was going to be the summer concert at the the University the 1st Summer Festive Recital they were hosting after so many years of hosting only Winter Recitals. Se-ri was excited to go since this meant the school and the programme was doing wonderfully. And the main act was going to be Jung Hyuek's pupil. He had been jittery about this since the announcement but she had seen the twimkle of pride and honour at the prospect in his eyes. He was thrilled to know his pupil were going to be playing for a distinguished audience and will represent his values.

But as the date for the recital grew closer Ri Jung Hyuek seemed to be getting more frantic by the minute. He would reassure his pupil to get enough breaks and rest for his stability and confidence and would then proceed to scrub every inch of the house to it's death. "The wind is a like a public transport for the dust-," he'd mumble as he would wipe clean the sparkling cedar wood table in their living room "-and who even enjoys the wind? Messes up everything, clothes, hair, even the furniture in house-" complaining as he would pick up her picture he clicked on the Sigris Bridge absentmindedly and clean the frame "And my landing, let's no forgot my landing. Right Jung Hyuek?" She would have to interupt from the doorway in the hopes of distracting him. "What?" "Remember the wind messed up my landing too?" she'd walk up to him slowing retriving the frame from his hand "True. But that is the one transport the wind did that I would never scold it for." he would say and smile at her softly caressing her cheek with the back of his fingers, melting his worries one soft stroke at a time. "Ri Jung Hyuek the wind in your head is the one that needs to stop causing a storm" She'd say that and brush his hair on foreheard with a finger. He'd relax under a touch and they would move past the wind terrors.

Until two days later where she would wake up to him cleaning the kitchen ware, or reorganzing their clothes in colour codes or re-arranging the book shelf from the highest page number to alphabetic order, depending on the level of his nervouness that day. One day she even found him staring at the plants and murmuring the notes of the ballad his student was suppose to perform just so that he could get it out of his head.

While admittedly this was funny in the beginning Yoon Se-ri's wall of patience and calm was about to tumble down into rubble as she stood in front of the mirror in the departmental store in Sarnen- Centre while the assistant of the store scuttled around Ri Jung Hyuek as he went from one rack to another looking for another 'appropriate outfit' for Yoon Se-ri to wear at the Summer Festive Recital.

When she woke up today to find Ri Jung Hyuek re-arranging their drawer for the 5th time in past 3 weeks this time based on the "style" (like he knew anything about that) she had not guessed she would end up suggesting they pick out an outfit for each other to wear at the recital that would in turn give Ri jung Hyuek an opportunity to deem every expensive, stylish, chic outfit she owned as "not good enough" and make him demand that he will take her shopping right then and there.

And when she agreed just to get him out of the house and his interest somewhere different she had definitely not thought that he would be this picky about what to buy her and would make her change her outfit 8 times! 'I thought this would be a quick in and out of the shop, then we'd go out for while stroll in the city, get some lunch. Since when did he become a fashionista?' she thought as she waited wearing an adorable lilac skirt with a pearl white top and jacket that was instantly rejected as "Too short" outside the changing room for Ri Jung Hyuek to bring her 9th outfit.