[6] CHAPTER REVIEW: The Blue Queen's Revenge (High Fantasy)

The Blue Queen's Revenge by EvelynSnow7 EvelynSnow7

The Wet, Wild Shore (Chapter Title)
High Fantasy (Genre)
War & Peace (Themes)
Third Person Limited (consistent)
Suspense level (🌝🌝🌝🌗🌚)

---------------- 11.28.2020 -----------

I stopped reading this first chapter about five times before I pushed on. I read teh first paragraph again and again trying to figure out what was said. I even wondered if this was simply purple prose and that it wasn't meant for me.

Now, I know that isn't the case.

It simply isn't my genre. Your way of writing and pulling the description out isn't of my taste but that doesn't mean I can deny your talent. Once the story got moving, once dialogue arrived, it was amazing in every way. Yes, the pretty words, that failed to land with me, were still there, but I could leap over the ones I didn't understand and follow the story very well.

Each character was distinct in their speech pattern, motives, and responses.

The best part has GOT to be that chapter ending. WOW. I am eager to rush through to read this entire thing now.

As a casual reader, I might have overlooked this book, but I'm glad I pushed through my confusion.

In the end, I do believe this comes down to taste, but as I am giving a review, i want to be honest about how I felt. I felt lost in the beginning and didn't feel better until the enemy elves arrived. Once they were there, the story took me and I couldn't let go.

Does it need an edit?
For technical problems, No. It was steady and well-done. For any content issue, that will be up to the author.

Would I read on?
Definitely. And since this is a 5 part short story, I'm eager to finish it!

If you found this review useful, please give this book a shout-out. It brings more eyes to it and goes a long way. Please consider adding your book to the "Speed-Dating Books" version of this book where others can get a sample of your work quickly. That service is also FREE.