Time Will Tell--Soon

Dylan's POV
It's about time that I find out why Saige was crying the other night. It's Tuesday morning and Kate and I are waiting at the bus stop. After about 5 minutes Saige and Hunter finally came. Her eyes are so freaking red. She looks kinda beautiful when she cries.

Kate and I look at each other. She nodded her head. I'm sitting with Saige. Then Hunter raises and eyebrow.

When all four of us load onto the bus, we all go to the back of the bus. I let Saige get inside the seat first. Then I get in after her. She keeps looking down at her thighs and twiddling with her fingers.

"Hey, Saige, are you okay?"

She paused for a momment. Then took a deep breath, stuttering.

"Hey, Saige," I shifted in my seat and turned her chin to look at me. Then finally looks me in the eye. And took another deep breath. "Come by my house tonight," she whispered, stuttering each word, "I'm sure you won't be happy though."

"Nothing you say will make me upset."

She stuttered a smile. Then I take my hand off her chin. she doesn't move.

"And besides, we need to work on our math project anyway."

"Awww I forgot about dat!! Awww SHIT." I berried my hands in face in disappointment.

"I guess that made you upset. You liar!" Then she punched me in the arm playfully. Then we both started laughing.

Saige's POV

Dylan turned something so serious into something to laugh about. That's one reason why I like him. He's socially awkward, just like I was on my first day. Now we're like the bed of friends. I just wish he saw I more than that.

"I also gotta talk to you too. I'm not sure if I want to do it tonight, or now. It's really short, but your answer might not be."

"Well you can tell me now if you want to." My heart starts pounding insanely, it's like my heart is inside my head.

He takes the longest deep breath I ever heard before. Then he asks, "I--" he sighs.

I put my hand on his shoulder. "You can tell me." Then I smile.

"I-I-I was wondering if you want tooo, ya know... go to the umm... Spring Formal with me?" He points at himself in a high pitch voice. I can't help but laugh how high his voice was. He sounds like he just took helium out of a balloon.

"What, w-what's so funny?" He asked concerned.

"Your freaking voice, was like a chipmunk!" I laugh even harder. Then he starts laughing too. We both start laughing insanely.

"By the way," I tried to say without laughing, "it's a yes."

A bright big smile came across his face. I couldn't help but smile too. I start to cry a little from the laughter. he starts to wipe the tears away.

"You look beautiful when you cry." He says.

Dylan's POV

We finally got off the bus and open in the school doors. Ashley is right at the entrance.

"Well, what's up new girl?" She scolded, "Don't think we met yet, I'm Ashley, Ashley Wayer. Looks like you have a little twinnie here." She pointed up and down at Hunter with some sashay. If that made any sense. Saige starts to scowl. Her hands clench into fists. Hunter looks pissed too.

"Here's a little tip here at East Cove High, stay out of my way." She sang. Then she sashays away to 1st period.
"When are musical tryouts?" Saige asked me. I'm on the spot.
"Today." I said.

After class we all head down to the stage for music class. I'm starting to get scared, not for me.

For Saige.

Ashley is asshole of a monster. She's like a demon, she sucks in your soul. If she gets beaten by Ashley, she will never see the like of day, again.

After everyone went, it was Thomas's turn. Thomas Sangster is my best friend. We've known each other since 4th grade. The guy can sing. He sings is heart out in every performance. He sings one of his favorite songs while playing his bass guitar.

Then Ashley was next. She sings Royals by Lorde. it's a tiny bit pitchy. More like bitchy🔥

I notice that Saige has a ukulele with her.

When Saige goes on stage, have major butterflies in my stomach.

She starts strumming a couple cords and starts singing Riptide by Vance Joy.

Lady, runnin down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left handy man..
I love you
When your singin a song and
I gotta lump in my throat cuz
You gonna sing the words wrong

Then she finishes. Her voice is so smooth and calming. I can tell that's not her for real. I wonder what's she's like on full blast.