Yellow flowers(ch.20)

Lily is still asleep when you wake up. You sigh and get up quietly, putting on your boots and a hoodie, grabbing your bag. Walking out of the dungeons and making your way outside, you noticed that no one was really awake yet. A few 5th and 7th years studying for exams but barely anyone. The sky was still quite dark and a cool, bitter, breeze cascaded leaves around you, which shattered under your feet.

You begin walking to the woods, to a hidden section behind a brick wall. As you walked further into the woods, the smell of pine and dirt becomes overpowering. You look around you, auburn leaves scattered across the ground, branches empty and broken, beams of light breaking through the towering trees. Finally you arrived at a small opening, a wave of melancholic nostalgia crept over you.

You reached a big willow tree, which in comparison to the other trees was surprisingly still full of life. This wasn't the same tree as the whomping willow, but was still just as magical. You wander over to the tree, ducking under the curtain of leaves above your head and sit down. Running your hand over the textured bark of the tree, stopping where two initials were engraved. Grabbing your wand out your bag, you make a bouquet of yellow tulips, laying them down at the exposed roots of the tree.

They were always his favourite. you thought

"i wish you were here, you don't know how much i miss you" you whispered, closing your eyes and letting out a big sigh.

After a minute or two of enjoying the peace, you got up and walked back towards the castle. You were glad you went today, it's been a while since you last visited 'his place'. You'd felt rather guilty admitting that, you used to go all the time, however you haven't had the motivation to do much recently- or for a while actually.

Discreetly, you make your way down to the dungeons, a lot more people are awake now. After what feels like a million years you finally reach your dorm, slipping inside quietly. You turn around to be met with a very anxious Lily.

"Oh thank Godric, i thought you'd actually left me here all alone." she let out a sigh of relief

"Leave you? " you laughed" I was only going for a walk" you said sitting on the bed next to her.

she rolled her eyes" Yeah well next time maybe leave a note, i mean i thought i'd have to go out on my own. Probably get eaten alive if i did" she sulked

"Oh stop being so dramatic, nearly as bad as Potter. He's rubbing off on you i see" you sniggered

She went bright red and twirled her hair "whatever" she retorted, trying to cover a small smile on her face.

-----

After getting ready, you both walked to the great hall without any trouble from the Slytherins. As you were about to walk to your table, Lily tugged your sleeve

"Why don't you sit with me?"She nodded to the Gryffindor table

" You mean with the Gryffindors?" you raised an eyebrow, you weren't very fond of many of the Gryffindor students - too loud and annoying, with a few exceptions of course.

"Yeah why not?" she smiled, for Lily just do it for Lily

The both of you sat down, Lily began filling her plate and chatting about the classes you had today. You weren't really paying attention, your mind kept going back to this morning. It made you feel sick to your stomach, you missed him too much.

"Hello there ladies, may we join you?" asked Potter, who appeared out of no where.

The last two months had been torture for Sirius, everyday he'd watch that slime ball Rosier be all over you. He'd follow you everywhere like a lost puppy. To say that he was jealous would be an understatement. He tried going to other girls, sleeping with the odd one or two but they'd always just bore him to death.