eighteen

18
six deciphered

12:22pm read the clock on the wall of Blaise and Draco's dorm, I silently lay on Blaise's bed with the soft dark grey sheets pulled up to my waist. With my back leaning against the wooden bed frame, I read over all the newspaper articles I had circled with red ink.

In the past day or so, I amazingly came across three more articles about this mystery 'Odysseia Hornby'. I, annoyingly, hadn't found much else. Only that she attended Hogwarts during Lily/James Potter time, was Slytherin house, a supposed Deatheater and the definite daughter of Olive Hornby (who attended Hogwarts in my Fathers time). Ugh, Father.

I was pretty annoyed, I wanted and needed to know more. The affects of the blue pill were wearing off, now only the beautiful feeling of calm was relaxing my weakened physical and mental being. But the zip lock bag with multiple blue pills under the pillow was compelling me from rage, knowing that if something went wrong; the swallow of two pills would help me. I didn't need to physically hurt myself, create long lasting scars. I'd prefer internal scars, it would stray people from worrying; hopefully. I just needed to learn how to walk in a straight line while on them. No matter how doped up on pills I could get, his bloody name would always pop up.

Draco fucking Malfoy. I was incredibly angry at him. It was third year all over again. I should've learned from last time, it was so painful; never ending torturous words hauled at me as if I was a punching bag. I thought I had managed to surrender the feelings of his words; to remember he was just angry. But, I hadn't. They stung me, over and over until I became numb to a specific thing he'd say; then do it again and again with every single hurtful word he'd spit at me.

Sighing, slowly allowing his name to float back into my mind and focus on my disappeared mother. Who was she? Where was she? Why did she abandon me? How did she feel that it was the best decision? What was going through her crazy mind when she left me outside in a damp cardboard box? I deserved answers.

Missing woman,
Odyessia Hornby.

Have you
seen this
woman?

It was making me insane. I jumped onto it too quickly. I let my hopes fly, when I knew I'd be disappointed.

I pull a cigarette packet from under Blaise's pillow, hiding them there along with the blue pills. Placing it between my lips, I reach for the matches on his bedside table and drag a stick along the igniter. A warm, orange flame illuminates the end of the stick; slowly burning down the wooden stick as I bring it to the end of the cigarette. Inhaling deeply, the harsh smoke filling my lungs and shaking the match to douse the flame. Setting the half charcoaled coloured stick on his beside, holding the cigarette between my index and middle as I bestrew the parchments around me with my left hand.

Then, it hit me. I felt like fucking Sherlock Holmes. All the information I had gathered was combing in my mind; fixing themselves into the difficult puzzle I was attempting to finish. I had somehow scattered them in an order, I reread it again and take in a long drag of the cigarette as my eyes widen in surprise.

Each word, from each parchment I had were infusing to a sentence; I was either crazy, or somewhat genius.

It's me, honey. Apartment above 3 broomsticks.

I was definitely crazy.

Article 1: It's quite a mystery of where these death eaters of 1970 had vanished too.

2: Me, and only me will absolutely find these disgusting Deatheaters and positively send them to Azkaban.

3... Honey Dukes, Vanished past male deatheater seen in basement?

4... 5.......

6: 3 past members of deatheaters are finally sent to Azkaban.

Holy. Fucking. Shit. I was about to cry.

Tomorrow, a Saturday. I was beaming with happiness, no words could explain how FUCKING genius I felt. I was definitely the next Sherlock Holmes. Maybe I should leave Hogwarts, move to London and become a muggle detective? No. I was overreacting and exaggerating now.

Tomorrow, I am going to Hogsmeade. Sober, unfortunately, but there's time afterwards.