43 | Wetter than the Rain

Start from the beginning

"But why do you have to win his heart now? Can't you just wait till you both grow up? Then maybe you'll be able to see love more as a form of respect and less of a conquest." Gigi sat down, rubbing his shoulder in an attempt to comfort him, adding, "...Gosh, now I sound like Mother."

"Because I told Chandra and Ramlan that I was going to meet a pretty princess in Angletonia, and Cal is prettier than any princesses!"

Gigi sighed. So it was all about showing off? Kids! "You see, maybe you haven't shown your affections in a way that he would appreciate. Cal loves reading fairy tales and with the way you keep teasing him about it, he feels that you continuously ridicule him." She shrugged. "Well, I have got an idea."

***

That night it was raining heavily outside, and Gigi stood near the windowsill with the windows open wide. She could feel the raindrops lightly touching her skin, closing her eyes and relishing in the feeling.

When she was in Praja, the rainy season was something she had anticipated most.

Hearing the sound of a door closed, she turned around to see Cal wearing just his bathrobe, having just finished his late-night shower. There were tiny droplets of water dripping down his pale chest. Now, this was the kind of water that could get her wetter than the rain.

"Would you prefer if I close the windows, Sire?"

"Leave them open. I enjoy the smell of rain," Cal said, running a towel through his wet, tousled hair. It was so funny to see it so disarranged when she was used to seeing it slicked and tidy. Its messy state gave him a little side-bang that made him look about five years younger.

"Me too," she grinned.

Cal discarded his robe and put on a set of pyjamas prepared for him by the bedside. Due to their decision of sharing a room, he would sometimes get showered and dressed in her room when he was too lazy to get to his own; which was all the time.

"You know, you can always use my dressing room, right?" chaffed Gigi, arms draped tightly around herself in a futile attempt to brace herself against the temptation of her husband's tight, shapely backside.

"I do. What I don't know is whether you actually want me to," quipped Cal, putting on his trousers. Throwing a playful smile at her, he let out a delightful chuckle as she flung her arms around him tightly from behind.

"I love you," she gushed as he came face to face with her, eyes wide with happiness. Standing on the tip of her toes, she arched herself to be as tall as she could be, feeling his arm supporting her back bringing his lips upon hers. She ran her hand over his bare chest and up along his broad shoulders while he had his warm hand tangled in her hair, frenzied.

"Goodness, Gi," he growled. "If not for the fact that you're not fully healed right now..."

Why did he have to be so prideful? He could've thrown her into bed and had his way with her, she wouldn't care.

"Only a few days to go, Sire, then you can do whatever you want with me," Gigi smirked, grabbing a handful of his ass before parting herself from him most unwillingly, strolling across the room to brush her hair in front of the dresser.

Sharing a room over the week had made them more aware of each other's daily routines. By now, Cal had noticed how she would pray in the morning three times a week and she was relieved that the smell of incense did not bother him that much.

At last, they finally got the chance to feel what it was like to be married, to share one's life with another person. It was unbelievable how she would get so excited to wake up in the morning only to find herself in his arms once more. There were also the little things she treasured, like how he looked in the morning. How he'd carefully style his hair after getting dressed. The smell of his aftershave on the pillows, and the warmth of his arms enclosing her at night.