70| Comes to the Light

Start from the beginning

Rashad met Alex downstairs since they planned on going to the airport together. Not too far behind, Bradley descended down the stairs catching sight of Alex playing around with the twins. "Next time you see unc he's gonna be in the NBA," Alex boasted with a triumphant laugh.

A light smile goes across Bradley's face as she made her way over to Alex so Blake and Jace wouldn't have him stay any longer than he should—they had that affect on people. "I'm proud of you Alex," Bradley tells him as he smoothly handed Jace over to her.

"Preciate it Brad," He pulled her into a side hug. "I'll see you in New York right?" He eyed his sister in law. No one knew what state Rashad and Bradley's relationship was in. Rashad didn't really tell anyone about Bradley kissing Sincere back. That was something he was going to keep between him and Bradley. As far as Alex was concerned, the two was just having one of their silly disagreements that would blow over in no time.

Bradley glanced over at Rashad who had his golden brown eyes set on her already. He was giving her the look of confirmation which led her to nod her head. "Of course Lex, I wouldn't miss it,"

Alex smile spread across his face widely. "Bet,"

Rashad shifted his orbs down to the watch that crannied his wrist, checking the time. "We should head out, traffic might be crazy," He says as he maneuvered away from the door so he could say his goodbyes to the twins. He took Jace from Bradley's arms before picking Blake up from the standing position she was in on the couch.

As always, he gave them the usual kisses which caused laughter to erupt from them. He eventually handed the twins back over to Bradley. Usually, this was when he would tell her goodbye for the time they were going to be apart. He seemed hesitant to say anything to her, but Bradley masked her face with a fake smile since she caught on to the fact that Alex was oblivious to their issues. "Call me when you land," She tells him just like she always would whenever he went to catch a flight.

Rashad sighed lightly. "No doubt," He agreed while pulling her into a hug. They could feel the lack of comfort in each other as they shared the forced hug, however to Alex, everything seemed normal.

"I love you," Rashad tells Bradley. Even though she knew he would much rather leave without saying anything to her and they were putting on a facade, something about the way he told her he loved her still felt so natural and organic. He still loved her and was still madly in love with her, he just had a lot of forgiving to do, as did Bradley.

"I love you too baby," She lets out with the same sincerity and realness he had. He craned down, kissing her lips swiftly before heading back towards the door where Alex was awaiting him.

She watched them leave, having the twins wave goodbye to them. As soon as the door shut behind them a heavy breath drifted out of her. Faking something that use to be such a normal thing to her was extremely hard. All she could think about was how much Rashad wanted to be away from her at the moment, but for his sake, she was going to act as though he hadn't just admitted that he killed Israel and he was going to act as though she hadn't kissed Sincere.

Bradley took a seat with Jace and Blake on either side of her. Blake grabbed ahold of Bradley's hand where she would usually toy with Bradley's engagement ring. Since the heated argument earlier today, she had yet to put it back. In the midst of all the crazy emotions she had gone through today, she honestly misplaced it. "My finger is empty now mama," She sighed as Blake pulled on her ring finger.