CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Začít od začátku

   I walked over to Suki and Zuko to hear them discussing the plan.

   "So you were able to find a decoy?" I asked.

   "Well...Iroh sort of volunteered." We looked over at Iroh happily waved over.

   "No offense, uncle, but you and I don't really look alike." Zuko walked over.

  "Oh, the crowds won't see my face just my hand!" Iroh smiled but dropped it and changed his waving style. "What do you think! Is my hand-waving filled with enough angst? I've been practicing all morning."

   "Like I said, it's perfect." Mirai smirked and got back on the crossing helping Suki up.

   "Thank you!" Suki told her.

   "I owe you for doing my makeup." Mirai said then helped me up while Zuko walked over with Kiyi.

   "She's pretty! Don't you think, Zuko?" Kiyi asked.

   "Sure." Zuko replied and we got across. "Kiyi, the plank is pretty narrow. Why don't you take your mother's hand?"

   "I'm old enough to walk on my own." Kiyi replied.

   "I know, but maybe she's scared. She's never been on a submarine before." Zuko told her.

   "That's her problem!" Kiyi said.

   I kneeled in front of the girl and smiled. "You know, Kiyi, you're really brave for a tiny girl. It would be even braver if you shared your bravery with your mother, right?"

   "Mmm." She glanced at her parents.

   "Will you do it for us?" I asked.

   "Fine." She sighed and took her mother's hand.

   Zuko and I sighed and he went in first while I looked at Mirai getting on a boat. She told us she was going to "meet with Sokka" but we knew she was going to the Sun Warrior temple.
   I got in the submarine and we sunk underwater. I had to admit it wasn't as thrilling as I had expected it to he, in fact Sokka had made it sound amazing but I just felt sea sick and it was getting warm due to all the bodies. It wasn't long before the submarine rose again and we took a smaller boat to the shore where a carriage was waiting.
   We piled into the carriage and took off being led and surrounded by Kyoshi warriors and rhinos.

   "You know it's only been a few weeks but I miss riding in a caravan." I spoke and Zuko smiled weakly at my poor attempt at trying to lighten the mood.

   That smile fell as the caravan came to a jerk stop. Zuko poked his head out to ask what was going on and Suki told him it was just an old tree that fell over but no one was hurt.

   "I don't think that tree fell because it's old!" Zuko said. "Get down!"

   There were more bombs going off and that made the rhinos go crazy until it stopped and they did too.

   "Free Fire Lord Ozai! Power to the Fire Nation!" Voices chanted.

   "Stay here." Zuko said opening the door.

   "Zuko.." I trailed off as the door closed.

   "FREE FIRE LORD OZAI! POWER TO THE FIRE NATION!" The voices grew louder.

   "Ready yourselves sisters! We're in for a fight!" Suki announced.

   "Stay put." Zuko told us.

"Don't be scared Kiyi. You're brother's the most powerful man in the Nation." Ursa told her daughter.

"Who said anything about being scared?" Kiyi asked. "Ack! Your hands are so cold! Don't touch me!"

"Kiyi.." Before I could say anything else she jumped onto her dad.

"IMPOSTER! IMPOSTER! IMPOSTER!"

"Zuko! The time has come for you to return the throne to the one true Fire Lord!" I peeked out at the men surrounding us. "We demand that you step down at once! Do so peacefully and no harm will come to your family!"

"Let me get this straight." I glanced over at Zuko as he smirked, his voice was what attracted me to look at him and I wasn't close to sorry. "You expect me to give up my destiny, my rightful place in the Nation, just because a bunch of thugs too cowardly to show their faces asked me to?"

"Well.. yes." The man replied.

"Ridiculous!" Zuko shot fire up at the man.

"Whoa!" Kiyi smiled.

"Attack! Attack without mercy!" The man ordered.

"Power to the Fire Nation!" The other men chanted.

"Kaida, quickly create a shield over the caravan!" Zuko shouted.

"I don't have enough water!" I tried to tell him but he already ran away.

I looked up and found a door, I pushed myself up and gathered the water from the trees around us. My eyes glowed blue and I created the small globe around us to shield us just like Zuko wanted.
I knew they had really started fighting because the sound of fire came from around us.

"Kaida, we can't see anything!" Kiyi spoke. "How do we know who's winning?"

"I trust Suki and Zuko." I replied. "Zuko won't let anything happen to us."

I really did want to believe that. I just didn't want him to risk himself for us.
That idiot.

————————
⭐️VOTE
💬COMMENT
Re-Edited; 7/16/21