Ep 1 Part 3 Becoming part 1

Start from the beginning

"I unleashed my Español on her," I answer as I take the amulet out of my bag. "Oh no. You should totally do it." Toby says as he flips back right-side up. " What? the play? I'm not an actor." I answer sarcastically as I stand up, closing my locker. " Come on. You're always saying how you want your life to be more exciting," Tobby answered as he sat back down on the bench, trying to put his sock on again before falling a second time, " right?"

" I don't think Romeo and Juliet is exactly the answer, Tobes. I don't mean just, you know, exciting. I mean... more." I try to explain what I mean as I lean against the lockers in front of Tobby, looking at the amulet again. " I just need to know there's more to life than high school." Out of nowhere I hear clattering from the end of the lockers and see a shadow move away from where we are. Startled, I walk towards where the noise came from.

" Something more?" Tobby grunts as he continues to try to get his sock on, seemingly oblivious to the noise. I hear toby yell again, most likely falling, as I peek around the corner towards the showers, too focused to check on him at the moment. " Hello?" I call out, as steam pours out of the doorway, " Anybody in there? Hello?" I slowly creep to the door and peek in the see nothing but steam everywhere. I look on curiously as I think I see a shadowy figure run from one side of the room.

" Got one!" I jump as I hear Tobby yell from the lockers, excited about finally getting his sock on. " Woohoo! finally! success, success!" I laugh as I turn around and start walking back towards Tobby, forgetting about the noise. Not noticing the blue silhouette in the steam as I walk away.

------------ time skip --------------

Y/n's POV

At the end of the day, I walk with Tobby and Jim towards the school entrance. "Good news! My orthodontist said I'm almost done with my braces. Only four more years" Toby says cheerfully. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Steve shoving Eli into a locker. "oh, great" I whisper sarcastically under my breath. "hey, nothing to see here", Toby muttered to us. "We can't just let him do that," Jim said, staring at them. "oh yes we can. if he's busy terrorizing him, then he won't be busy terrorizing us" Toby said worriedly. "Jim? Jim!" I called out as Jim walked towards Steve and his group. "Oh, no! " Tobby muttered next to me.

Tobby and I quickly followed Jim as he approached Steve. " Tell me again, dweeb-face. Tell me about the creatures and maybe I'll let you out." I heard Steve say as he elbowed the locker he stuffed Eli in. "Or, you can let him out right now. I mean, you know, it would be nice." Jim rambled nervously as he stopped in front of Steve. I stopped next to my sister and her friends as I glanced nervously back and forth between Steve and Jim.

" Nice would be you minding your own business," Steve said angrily, pointing at Jim as his friends stood around him glaring. " Oh, Hi Jim!" Eli yelled out from inside the locker as Steve punched it. "So where were we? Um... Oh, yeah, ok." Steve continued his conversation with Eli through the locker, "You were telling me about the monsters you saw this morning, with fangs and... What was it again" he growled, punching the locker one more time. " Stone for skin! In the canal!" Eli answered. " Stone for skin? Man, Eli, you've got some imagination." Steve laughs.

I watch nervously as Jim puts his bike down. "Look, Steve, seriously, just let him out," Jim says boldly. Steve stomps up to him and grabs Jim by the strap of his bag, lifting him a bit off the ground and readying a punch. " Or you'll do what?" " Ok, do it. Punch me." Jim answers as everyone around us gasps. Steve laughs as he looks at Jim, " You.. your asking for a beating?" " Yeah. Just go crazy. But In 20 years, you are going to be fat and bald and you'll be working in a muffler shop, and Eli will have a career in software and he'll be a billionaire." Jim yells at Steve as the crowd starts to get more into the fight. I hear Eli from in the locker, " I do like computers."

I start to smile as I hear Tobby start chanting next to me " Let him out! Let him out! Let him out!" Soon the whole crowd joins in the chanting, including me and my sister as I laugh. Steve starts to look around worried as more people start chanting. He starts to get angry and gets ready to punch Jim. Worried I quickly step in and grab Steve's arm. " Stop it, Steve. Just let go and let Eli out." I stand in front of Jim as Steve drops him to glare at me.

"Palchuk, what's going on here?" All three of us jump as the couch rams through the door to know what's going on. " Uh, nothing, sir," Steve says as if he did nothing wrong. " Why aren't you at practice?!" The coach screams at Steve. " I was just helping Eli here. He was stuck." Steve smiles innocently and opens the locker door to show Eli crammed into it in a very uncomfortable position. " Hi, guys!" he says cheerfully and waves.

The coach believes him and doesn't even question anything. " On the double. Now!" he yells at Steve before walking away. After he leaves Steve glares down at Jim behind me, " Friday at noon. You and me. your girlfriend can't protect you forever." he waves his finger back and forth as he walks away saying, " tick-tock, tick-tock." I turn around to Jim and see him blushing like crazy and with a very panicked look. " Jim, that was awesome," I yelled as I hugged him.

_________________________________________________________

a/n- I finally got another chapter out. I'm sorry I took so long with this one. I've had a lot of personal stuff going on, but I'm so happy to be back to writing again. thank you everyone for your patience and for sticking around. ~~ Pinky-chan