nine

ANACHRONISM, CRYWOLF

Matthew and I worked some on the magazine spread before I left for the meeting I called for earlier this morning

Matthew and I worked some on the magazine spread before I left for the meeting I called for earlier this morning. A much-needed meeting with my psychologist. It's funny how my father has me meet with a psychologist whenever I need it, but he won't get one himself. Double standards, I suppose, after what happened with Valentina.

Dr. Elijah Miller - the man Valentina used to talk to - was now the man I would talk to about my problems. He knew all about my family's business. After all, he worked for Vicente Villalobos with the girls that were destined for The Warehouse. Poor souls. He also had a small gym where he taught self-defense as a side job. Something I got Sarah into. Now, I would talk to him about the girl my father got from The Warehouse and ended up dead at my hands. Like a few others had in the past. Oops.

Dr. Miller diagnosed me with depression after my sister and mother died. I stopped taking my pills after I started my relationship with Matthew. Matthew made me happy. He gave me the peace I got from those pills but in greater amounts. This weekend away from him sabotaged everything I had done to get myself to that place. I would have to admit my wrongs.

Boy, I was not wrong.

"Genesis," he pinched his nose in obvious annoyance. He sits on a black leather love chair. His back faces the large bookshelf filled with psychology textbooks and patient files. "How many times have I told you to consult with me first when making a drastic move like that? Do you not remember all the times that this has happened when you've gone off your pills?"

I wince. "I'm sorry."

"It's done. I will have you go back on them, effective immediately. I am not joking," he says, firmly.

"Aye, aye Captain," I mock salute him. Elijah rolls his eyes at me. I grin, pushing through my sadness and guilt.

He smiles back. "It's good to see you haven't lost your smile despite everything."

"Yes," I nod. "Thank you for meeting me. I needed it after the weekend I've had."

"I understand. The Warehouse is a place you've always hated. Killing that girl also took its toll on you."