quatorze

(Ishikawa Juno POV)

The night after Asahi visited me, I called Dojima-san to warn him about the reformation of Noir.

"I'll investigate here in Paris since they do seem to have a strong base here, but do be careful there as well. I heard that this year's BLUE changed its rules to allow Noir chefs participate" I stated.

"Yes, the WGO Bookmaster changed the rules a bit." Dojima responded. "Thanks for the info, I'll look into it."

"Oh, and also, tell everyone I said hi and congratulations." I began. "I heard that they were successful in defeating Central."

"Yes they were. Yukihira-kun and Nakiri-kun were able to defeat the First and Second Seat."

I was surprised that Eishi was defeated, but I guess now he could enjoy his life a little more. "Well, I'd expect no less."

"You know, you're welcome to come back to Totsuki as a professor. I'm sure that a lot of your students miss you."

I let out a light chuckle. "Dojima-san, do you think that Shinomiya would let me go back? Besides, I've settled back here in France and I've regained my love for cooking. But I'll make sure to visit."

After saying our last thoughts and goodbyes, I hung up. 'Well, I guess my students can handle anything, so nothing much to worry about.'

Suddenly, a wave of nausea washed over me. I ran to the bathroom and vomited. This past week, I've suffered random bursts of nausea and aches. 'Could I really be pregnant? But I don't think either of us are ready to take care of a child...'

"Jun, are you ok?" Kojiro knocked on the door, worry laced his voice.

"Um, yea I'll be fine." I half-heartedly replied. 'I should pay a visit to the hospital when I get a chance.'

[The next day]

I visited a nearby hospital and they informed me that I was really pregnant. At first, I was really glad, but soon worry flooded into my emotions. 'Does Kojiro even want a kid? We're not even married yet...'

I went back home and found him lying on the couch. He must've had a rough day, so I probably shouldn't bring it up. I sat next to him. "Had a bad day?"

He sat up and lay his head on my chest. "Ugh, sometimes customers can be so demanding. They always want something new."

I patted his head gently and began to play with his hair. "Yea, they do suck, but they're the one's who give us business. Hmm, to cheer you up, how about I cook one of my latest desserts I've come up with?"

"Yea sure," he mumbled, evidently upset.

I got up and headed to the kitchen to prepare the ingredients. I ended making a dish that I called 'Gold Ocean' with semifreddo, lemon crumb, and caramel.

As I was finishing up the dish, Kojiro trudged over. I turned around with a smile and he kissed me on the lips. "I love you."

I giggled. "I love you too Koji." I finished plating and slid the plate over to Kojiro. "Have a taste and let me know."

Kojiro took a bite and smiled. "It's like my stresses of the workday have vanished. Thank you dear."

"Um, Koji...I actually have something to tell you." I hesitated, but decided to ultimately tell him. 'The sooner he knows the better.'

"I'm listening." Kojiro replied as he took another spoonful of the dessert

"I'm a month and a half pregnant."

Kojiro put down the spoon and raw silence filled the air. My heart raced as I anticipated his answer.

"Gosh, I love you so so much Jun." Kojiro circled around the table and embraced me and gently held my stomach.

"You're ok with it?" I asked still unsure.

"Of course, why would I have slept with you without knowing the consequences?" he looked at me lovingly. "Our wedding is only in a month, it was bound to happen anyway."

I breathed a sigh of relief and happiness and gave him a dimpled smile.

[Nine months later]

After knowing that I was with child, Kojiro didn't let me do anything, especially not work at the restaurant. Luckily, he still let me cook, but even then I had to be supervised.

We even had a small humble wedding with few guests and friends. I was never one to be overly extravagant, but the wedding was really sweet and nice.

As for the Noir situation, after telling Dojima-san that I was pregnant, he sent over two members of the former Elite Ten to take care of the lingering members who resided in Paris. I heard that Nakiri won the BLUE competition and became the headmaster of Totsuki. I hoped that the rest of the students would have a fun, yet challenging rest of senior high.

I was currently tidying up the house when I felt a sharp pain in my stomach and my water broke. I quickly called Kojiro, but to no avail; he must've been preparing for the day. The pain was almost unbearable as I sat on the floor hunched over. I left a message and called the emergency line.

I was rushed to the hospital in excruciating pain and was eventually led to the delivery room. "Alright miss, start pushing as hard as you can," the nurse gently coaxed.

Beads of sweat dripped down my face as I clenched my fists. I heard the faintest sound of the door and saw Kojiro beside me.

"I'm here," he gently placed his hand on mine. "You're doing great."

After a few more minutes, I heard the crying of a baby. "It's a healthy boy," the doctor noted with a grin.

I relaxed back onto the bed and heaved a sigh of relief as I saw my baby son. My heart fluttered when I saw his face and tiny hands and feet.

We ended up naming him Ren. I liked the simplicity of the name and how it meant lotus. I was currently lying on my hospital bed with the baby and Kojiro sleeping at the bedside. I glanced warmly at Kojiro and Ren, noting the similar shade of salmon hair and facial features.

I internally smiled. 'I guess these two are my whole life now.'