sept

Warning: Violence

(Ishikawa Juno POV)

I slowly regained consciousness and found myself in a dark room similar to a cell. I tried to move, but felt that my wrists were restrained.

"I see our princess is awake," a deep voice that I hadn't heard in a while spoke up. A large figure loomed over the darkness and into light. It was Mr. Suzuki, the one who killed my dad. "Congratulations on your victory at BLUE. It was the last test we had for you before taking you in."

I tried to keep my composure, but my body couldn't help but shiver in fear.

Mr. Suzuki chuckled. I suppose you saw what I did that night. Don't worry though," he stood closer to my face and smiled, "I'm not going to kill you unless you screw up."

A guard freed my wrists from their restraints and led me to the kitchen which faced a set table. "The guests will arrive shortly, so please prepare yourself in the meantime."

Shortly after, Mr, Suzuki reappeared with a few guests who were presumably part of the mafia. "Behold, a former First Seat of Totsuki and recent winner of the prestigious BLUE. She is the one with the Emperor's Sense." Mr. Suzuki introduced me to his guests like I was an item on display.

Then, Suzuki Kento came in and stood next to me. "Apologies, I was mentoring my pupil."

Mr. Suzuki gave a nod and asked his guests, "What would you like us to prepare for you?"

"I'm craving some Chinese cuisine," a guest responded, to which the rest agreed.

Mr. Suzuki then led them to the table.

'Chinese cuisine...simple enough. I guess I'll cook and try to escape.' I thought.

"I would be careful if I were you my dear." Suzuki noted. "Cooking as part of Noir is different. If you make a mistake or present a dish that is unsatisfying to the customer, you'll be killed on the spot."

I froze. "Killed?" I asked in disbelief.

"These are mafia leaders dear. They're on a whole different level."

My hands began to tremble and my steps became rigid. I always cooked with my pride on the line, but my life on the line was a different situation. A wave of pressure came over my body and my heart pounded with unsteady beats.

"Since this is your first time, I'll help you." Suzuki smiled. "Just assist me for now."

Eventually the dish was complete and thankfully the customers were satisfied. Suzuki flashed me a smile, "Think you can do this everyday?"

"I-I..." I tried to speak, but the remaining pressure was too much to bear.

"Aww, that's ok. You'll get used to it." Suzuki hummed as he left.

My knees gave in and I fell onto the floor. 'What is this pressuring environment? I don't even think I can gather the courage to leave.'

Just then a man in black approached me. "Ishikawa-san, Mr. Suzuki asked me to escort you somewhere. Follow me."

I hesitated, but eventually followed him into a room where a woman was sitting. The man bowed and left, leaving us two the only ones in the room.

"Uhh, hello?" I cautiously greeted.

The woman turned around and her eyes widened when she saw me. "Juno, my daughter...."

"...Mom?"

She immediately got up and gave me a big hug. I was shocked. I thought she was dead.

After a while, we settled down. "I see they got you too," Mom began. "Well, it was inevitable. I'm here to teach you how to use the Emperor's Sense."